✖️ Chapter 28

Chyna POV

Within an instant things can accelerate and become more than what you thought they were. All the choices you've ever made can come rushing to you all at once. You'll begin second guessing yourself. Did I make the right decision? Did I fuck up?  Fuck the thin line between love and hate, with the world we live in there's a thin line between life and death.

"Open it." D.J. urged. My eyes shot to Minnie who peeked her head from the top of the stairs.

My heart was pounding a mile a minute. I never feared anything as much as I feared everything now. I jump at the own sound of my feet rubbing against each other at night. There's a part of me that wants to honestly say my father would never hurt me but there's also a part of me that knows vengence will always be his.

The cold door knob made my right arm shiver. I could hear D.J. cock his 40 just waiting for whatever was on the other side of that door.

I quickly opened the door.

No one.

But there was a box.
"Don't open it. What if it explodes!" Minnie exclaimed, now standing arm distance behind me.

I shook my head.

I kicked the half open box and out rolled a dead rat.

"Oh my God."

"Death" D.J. whispered .

"That's what it means. When a dead rat is delivered at your door it means you're going to die."

I just shook my head. Why should I listen to his lying ass anyway?

"Snitches end up in ditches" Minnie said to herself more than me. She shook her head disappointedly . "Congradulations, you played yourself." She said before walking off.

I just stood there. D.J. had a blank stare on his face , Minnie seemed disgusted , and I was just...I don't know what I am to be honest.

During the midst of silence the phone rung. I immediately answered it. More out of fear and curiosity than out of bravery.

"You have a collect call from Barry Collins."

I clicked accept and listened as my father breathed in the phone.

"No hello?"

I remained quiet.

"Did you get my gift?"

"Maybe..." I said hesitantly.

"If you didn't that's fine. I get out tomorrow. I thought I'd give you time to throw me a welcome home party" He chuckled.

My breathing became heavier, and my throat felt as if it was getting tighter and tighter .

"Why would you murder her? She was your wife, you were supposed to love her." A tear rolled down my eye as I spoke into the phone.

"She was just like you, ungrateful and never knew how to mind her own damn business."

And with a click that was it. The phone call was over.

****

D.J. POV

I had to leave Chyna crib because dead rats and shit was appearing and that shit could mean anybody gon' die. Shit, that rat aint have no name on it. Although it was obviously meant for Chyna, you can never be too sure ,you know.

Lately I been ignoring the piss outta Diamond, I shoulda choked the piss out her. The fuck kind of dudes she been dealing with that made her think I wanted her to get an abortion?