Learn to fly.

Luke's P.O.V.

"Right, who's idea was this" I called to the group who where all in front of me.
"I believe that would be Jason! Sorry Luke but at least the sooner we get up here the sooner we get down I guess." Emma said to me as she walked next to Karim.

Jason was with Patty and Ariel was behind them as she had come back to see me and keep my company. It's convenient to live with five others because you always have a partner to walk with.

"So my mermaid friend, talk to me about Patty. I need something to take my mind off this hike." I said walking along whilst tying a light hoodie round my waist due to the extreme heat of the location.
"It is a pleasure to be your mermaid. I am dressed like one." She said as she did a little twirl in her purple crop top and green skirt.
"Now patty, where to begin... he's just so... Patty. I mean look at him, he's amazing. He is just so kind and honest. Don't you agree? He smiles like a little boy and I see the way he acts when he is with you Luke, it's special what you both have. He's so kind and compassionate and I know that without you he wouldn't be here, he's lost without you. Well you and his music career, without that he would be nothing, he's gonna be a star some day, I'll be at all his shows looking at a man I love. He has eyes like a god, they are the key to my soul, I look at them and get lost for what feels like years. He's all mine and I love him. I really do Luke" she stared at him with every word, you could feel the passion within her body and you could tell that she loved him.
"I know you love his sweetie, he loves you too. He would scream it to the whole world if he could." I put my arm round Ariel's shoulder and gave it a small squeeze.
" Luke you better not be touching my girl, don't want her catching something from you." Patty called from in front of us whilst laughing. The others had stopped not far from us and where sat on the rocks.
"Sorry bro, I'll make sure she's been sanitised before I give her back to you!" I laughed.
Ariel just stood there unable to move from laughing that hard. It was the first time any of us had seen her laugh and knew it had been genuine.

Ariel's p.o.v.

I couldn't stop laughing at Patty and Luke as they made jokes about each other. Luke and I had been sharing a moment before Patty decided enough was enough.

I could see very clearly why Patty trusted Luke, he was just so easy to get on with and I knew I could go to him about anything, even if it was about Patty.

Luke and I made it to the others and sat down. Patty pulled me on to his knee and held me close to him, almost as if his life depended on it.
"Miss me?" I asked him, his semi bare arms round my waist.
"I did, more than ever. I love you." He kissed my cheek softly and I smiled.
"I was only with Luke, honestly Patty, are you alright?" I asked pushing my hair out of my eyes and lifting my sunglasses on to the top of my head.
" I guess I just didn't sleep very well last night, dream I had was super messed up and I guess I just have been worried about you ever since then." I watched his face drop and his eyes well up with tears.
I shhed him and kissed his lips gently.
"I won't be going anywhere, at least I don't think I will. I promise" we stood and I held his hand and squeezed it to show him I was with him every step of the way.

"Cutforth! I'm gonna take my girl back now, I think that Jason would love some company at the front of the group though." Patty laughed before spinning me round.
"Screw you all! I didn't ask for this now did I?! I don't wanna be the one to die on this trip. I have a whole life ahead of me! Kill Emma instead!" Luke trudged to the front of the group with Jason.
"That's not what he'll be saying when he wants sex later!" Emma laughed and we all just looked at each other slightly disgusted but extremely amused.

*time skip*

"How much longer?" Luke asked rather grumpily. We had been walking for hours, in Luke's eyes it had been years.
"We are at the top Luke." Jason said whilst sitting with his legs hanging over the edge.

I looked down and a sudden urge to run toward the edge took over my body but I knew I couldn't. Emma was the person I was nearest to. I grabbed her hand and looked her dead in the eyes. I could feel myself wanting to cry. Emma pulled me right into her chest and wakes me away from the edge, sitting me on the floor.

"Shh, it's okay Ariel. Please don't think like that, I love you, it'll be okay." Emma whispered to me softly and leant me into her side. The sound of the boys messing around in the background made me nervous.
"Hey, I know it's scary being this far up but listen, I'll make sure they don't get hurt. I'll get Luke to come over here and tell him to look out for them." Emma rocked me and ushered Luke over to us.
"What's up. Oh my Gosh. Ariel are you okay sweetie?" Luke knelt down in front of Emma and I. I couldn't see him as my eyes where tightly shut but I could feel his presence.
"It'll be okay if you just watch the boys for me. Honestly that's what's up. I think the little beauty had a scare with us being up this high and the whole idea of not being on solid ground." Emma spoke to Luke quietly.
"Listen, you are to beautiful to think like that. I'll watch the boys, you girls go further down and I'll come with the boys in a bit." Luke kissed my hand and went to the boys.

I felt Emma put her arms round me and I shakily stood up, my arms went round her and I hugged her tightly.
We walked down the side of the hill until we got to a little safe spot where the rocks where steady enough to make me feel comfortable. Emma just sat with me until I spoke rather abruptly
"Jesus, I've gotta stop doing this." I grunted.
"Come on now, it's okay. I can see the boys coming back down here now, the view isn't that bad from here, take a look out at the open air, you don't need to go to the top to see something beautiful." Emma stood up and held her hand out to me.
"It is so beautiful, I wish I could have went to the top." I sighed.

"Oh my god. I'm sorry Ariel, this was such a stupid idea!" Jason came running down the path toward me and threw his arms round me.
"Hey, it's okay, I was having fun until we got to the top. It's really beautiful Jason, thanks for the experience."  I hugged him back and smiled weakly
"You're very welcome." He smiled back
"Let's just get back down okay, the others are right here." The three of us stared to head back down in front of Patty, Karim and Luke.

It was a peaceful walk back down to the beach. The sun was setting as we got reached the sand. Patty took my hand and stood at the edge of the water with me, the beautiful golden sun touching his skin delicately. I found myself getting lost in his eyes.
"You look amazing." He spoke sweetly, pushing his hair out of his face.
"I was just thinking the same thing about you." I whispered. He took my other hand and looked me straight in the eyes I went to speak but he held a finger to my lips.
"Shh my princess, let me do that talking." He spoke then pressed his lips to mine, it was a deep and meaningful, every movement was carefully mapped out.

"Aww! How adorable... Not! Get a room Walters's, some of us don't wanna meet our last meal again." Karim laughed, he was a man of few words but they where always perfectly timed.
"You're just jealous, get over here." Patty ran up to Karim before kissing him and laughing.
"Just a shame it was the worse half of the due, isn't that right Ariel?" Jason laughed
"It is indeed my fluffy haired friend. Now I believe Mr Walters will be taking you up on the offer of getting a room and we will be in our room passionately making out if anyone needs us." I laughed before grabbing Patty by the wrist and pulling him along to the hotel with me.

Patty's P.O.V.

"Now I believe you and I where in the middle of something." I spoke as we sat on the bed in the hotel room.
"I believe I could eat, sleep and pee right now but kissing you seems like so much more fun." Ariel said to me
"Go pee, dirty bitch. Then you can kiss me as much as you want." I kissed her forehead and watched her get up and enter the bathroom.

We ended up staying up until 3 am just talking, and kissing. Eventually Ariel decided she needed her beauty sleep and she slept beautifully with her head on my chest.

I'm one lucky guy.