Met the parents

*skip two days*

Ariel's P.O.V.

Patty stood over me as I lay there sleeping. My eyes fluttered open and I pulled him down to my level and kissed him. I ran downstairs and I pulled my laptop open on the kitchen table.

I wrote a list and ran upstairs to find patty strumming his guitar.
"Hey beautiful. Since your parents come home tonight I was planning on going food shopping so I could make them dinner as a thank you for letting me spend the week here. Do you mind if I go grab a few things?"
"That's like the sweetest thing ever. I have no problem with you heading out. Can you do me a favour and grab me some stuff for my parents. Just expensive champagne, flowers, chocolates you know just the usual things you get your parents. My parents expect all this stuff."
"No prob babe. I'm gonna go. I'll be back in like an hour."

Patty's P.O.V.

Ariel had left so I decided I was gonna clean up. I had to hoover every room, clean out all the bathrooms and dust the house for my parents coming home.
The Hoover is one of the lightest thing ever but it's still hard to clean when you have 5 bedrooms, a sitting room, a kitchen and an instrument storage room/recording studio to hoover. I also dusted every room including the three bathrooms that I also had to mop and clean out.

By the time I heard Ariel come into the door I had just sat down. I didn't have much to do as most of the rooms where really clean.

"Hey Babe. How was your trip?"
"Hi patty. It was fun. Can't believe it's 11:30 already. How long do you think it'll be until your parents get home?" She enquired
"Well they get the jet back at around 5 so they should be home for around six that gives you 5 and a half hours until they arrive."
" well I have got to get ready so that takes an hour so that takes it to 4 and a half. Then starter takes 1 hour 20 do that takes it to 3 hours ten dinner takes 50 minuets so that's 2 hours 20 then desert takes an hour so that gives me about an hour to set the table and sort the flowers out."
"Jesus Ariel. You like to do a hell of a lot. Here let me lay the table cloth and do the napkins. It's the only thing me dad taught me how to do. I'll also do dishes as that's my normal job. Since my parents co own a restaurant chain so my parents know how to cook, that means I do dishes because I can't cook."

Ariel's P.O.V.

I watched him set the table as I arranged a vase of roses making sure all the colours where spread evenly. I left a single black rose in the vase sitting in the middle. I loved it.

It was time to start dinner prep. I was gonna do the starter then make desert.

Starter:

Twice-baked goat's cheese soufflés with apple & walnut salad

Ingredients:
100g unsalted butter
100g plain flour
600ml full-fat milk, warmed
2 tbsp grated Parmesan
(or vegetarian alternative)
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp chopped thyme leaves
4 large egg , separated, plus 1 large egg white (use the yolk)
175g rindless goat's cheese, crumbled
For the parmesan glaze
50ml double cream
25g grated Parmesan
(or vegetarian alternative)
1 large egg yolk
For the apple & walnut salad
handful mixed baby salad leaves, picked and washed
handful rocket, washed
1 red apple, cut into fine matchsticks
1 tbsp chopped chives
50g walnut pieces, chopped
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil

Method:
Melt the butter in a large saucepan and use about 1 tbsp to grease 6 x 200ml soufflé dishes. Place the remaining butter back on the heat, then scatter over the flour and mix well. Cook for 5 mins, stirring constantly, then gradually whisk in the warm milk, a little at a time, until you have a thick, smooth mixture. Stir in the Parmesan, mustard and thyme, then set aside to cool slightly. Beat in the egg yolks, fold through the goat's cheese, season with salt and pepper, then transfer to a large bowl.