New start

Ariel's P.O.V.

*month time skip*

I slid on my blue flannel over my grey shirt and put my black jeans on and grey vans. My makeup was simple and my hair was wavy.

I ran downstairs to see Dan and Phil watching TV and drinking coffee.

"Ariel, it's been a month have you heard anything from the university you applied to go to?" Phil asked as I took an apple out the fruit bowl.
"Well I still haven't had anything back yet." I slumped down on a chair pulling my phone out my back pocket.
"Well we have something for you. We think you should open it." Dan spoke taking a letter out from behind him that had a university logo on it.
"Dan! Phil! You didn't tell me that my letter came! This is not even fair!" I shouted

I grabbed the letter out of Dan's hand and I ripped it open. I looked at the letter

20/6/15
Miss Ariel Howell-Lester
6 rose wood road
Brighton B36 9QW

Dear Miss Howell-Lester ,

I am pleased to inform you that the Music Therapy Program has made a recommendation to the Faculty of Graduate Studies that you be admitted to the Music Therapy program for the 2015 academic year beginning September 4th. The Faculty of Graduate Studies reviews our recommendations for admission and it is their decision, not ours, which is final. If their decision is consistent with our recommendation, they will soon send you a formal letter of admission.

Admission to our program is very competitive and we scrutinize each application carefully. We believe that a stimulating, intellectual discussion between students and faculty is a necessary ingredient of a successful graduate program. We have recommended that the Faculty of Graduate Studies admit you because we think that you will be able to make an important contribution to this research dialogue. In turn, we hope that the personal supervision we offer, together with the collegial atmosphere of our graduate students, will combine to make your stay here very rewarding - personally, academically and professionally.

Professor Joanne Wilson will be your pro tem advisor. All faculty and staff, as well as your fellow graduate students in the program, welcome you to graduate studies at UOB. We are eager to help you with your entry into our program. Please feel free to contact Dr. Wilson by e-mail at DrWilson@g-mail.com. We have also included the e-mail addresses of a few of Dr Wilson's other graduate students. All these students have been in the program for at least a year so they will be able to answer questions about graduate student life in this program and at UOB.

Please let me know at your earliest convenience whether you will be coming to study with us, in the event that the Faculty of Graduate Studies endorses our recommendation. We hope you decide to join us and we look forward to hearing from you as to your plans. My direct e-mail address is AndrewParsons@Yahoo.com

Yours truly,
Andrew Parsons , PhD
Graduate Advisor.

Tears filled my eyes and I put down the letter.

"Guess who's going to university? Me!!"

Dan and Phil jumped up and hugged me.
"I'm so proud of you sweetie. I can't believe that the next three years of your life is gonna be spent learning how to change people's lives." Phil was crying and the doorbell rang.

I went to the door to see Patty standing with Luke at the door.
"Luke what the fuck are you doing here. Your meant to be in London. What the hell is going on?"
" I got a movie directing job here and I moved here to be with my friends." Luke smiled pulling me into a hug.
"We have a surprise for you." Patty smiled
"I think mine is better." I smiled at him