The start of something new

Friday the best day of the school week. I got out of bed feeling surprisingly good about the day. I had double music today. Music is the only thing that keeps me going. I have been in a band for six months now and we practise in the basement of my house and at school. sadly we just lost our guitarist which sucks coz now we need to look for a replacement. that was today's goal.

I slid on my greenday shirt and ripped jeans, did my hair and makeup and ran downstairs. My morning routine ain't that interesting. I grabbed a coffee and ran out the door. I got down the street before realising that I had forgotten to put in my lip ring. I ran back into the house grabbed it off the bathroom sink and ran. I could here Phil shouting something at me as I closed the door again.

The rest of my walk was extremely uneventful. I got the the gate and found patty walking down the path. I stood waiting on him so I could have someone to walk with. Walking alone is great but once you get into school it can get you some strange looks.
"Hay Ariel, how's things?"
"They are a lot better today thanks for asking."
"Why you seem a lot more cheery than usual. Any particular reason why?"
" I have a music lesson today after lunch. My band and I are gonna look for a new guitarist."
" Wait a second. your in a band but you sit alone all day. care to explain why?"
" Well if you insist Mr Walters I will tell you. I love the guys in my band but they are always getting drunk, going to party's or having sex. so I guess they ain't the best people to hang with for long periods of time so I tend to stay away from them at school. You know you ask a lot of questions Patty."
" Yeh I know that I just like to get to know people. now I better go I have to get to my Italian lesson."
" okay Patty I'll see you later I have a free period 3rd today so I might see you then."

I decided to head to class early. Math just great. totally how I want to start my day. I slid into my seat and basically spent the whole double period doing work and singing to myself. As soon as the bell went I sprinted out of class and made my way to the senior common room. I pulled up a chair in the corner and sat there with my headphones in humming to Panic! At the disco. I was to busy daydreaming to realise that Patty had been sitting across from me the whole time.
" Oh hi patty, sorry I didn't see you there I was kinda to busy daydreaming."
" I noticed. do you want a coffee or anything? I was just gonna go grab something to drink and I thought I would offer."
" A coffee would be great skimmed milk and two sugar please Patty."
" Wow your specific."
I watched him walk over to the canteen. wow his ass looked great in those jeans. Wait what the hell am I saying. He and I are just friends that's it nothing more. we will be nothing more than friends he would never like me. look at me I'm a fat and ugly bitch.

He returned with my coffee. We sat there drinking in silence . It was comfortable silence. I looked at him and he looked back at me that was all we did. I don't know why but I just started laughing. he laughed with me. I don't laugh often I hate my laugh. We just laughed until it hurt to laugh anymore.

I stood at the sound of the unexpected bell. English was next. I love English but now that Patty sits with me things have gotten a hell of a lot better.

We had started reading The Fault In our stars by John Green. I had heard of the book but had still not read it. The first chapter really just explained how The leading Character Hazel hated going to a cancer support group. I could clearly see why she would hate it. Who would want to go to a depressing support group about being ill when the last thing you want to think about is the fact your ill and will probably die. who wants to be reminded of that. This book just doesn't make sense to me.

My head was filled with thoughts as I headed to lunch. I didn't eat I just sat outside on my step in the cold for the whole of lunch. I don't really eat much. I eat around my dads so they don't want to kill me for not eating. I lie about eating in school and save up the money for when I turn 18 in April so I can get tattooed. I sat scrolling through my phone until I got a phone call from Courtney one of the girls in my band asking where I was. we had to get our stuff from music to the main hall in the space of a half hour. it would be easy but they where all worriers so you have to get things done with plenty time to spare.

Needless to say we got our stuff sorted and set up. We needed to play a set to try and get a new guitarist. As the hall filled up I caught the eye of Robert one of Jai's friends. He just glared at me. I turned to chloe and gave her the sign to start.

They say we are who we are but we don't have to be I'm bad behaviour but I do it in the best way I'll be the watcher of the eternal flame I'll be the guard dog of all your fever dreams.

The song ended well. I had to get them to realise what we needed.
" Hay guys listen up. we are Who We Are and we have something we need to ask you guys. We need a guitarist for the band. If any of you want to join Courtney, Chloe, Jenny and I we would love for you to stay behind and then we will pick from who's left in the hall. So if you don't wanna be in the band it's time for you to leave.

I stepped away from the Mic and had a group hug with the band. As we broke off the hug we saw one person standing there in the centre of the hall. I was shocked to see who it was. Patty was standing there.
" I'm in guys. when's our next practise?"
"Now dude. oh I'm Courtney by the way."  I
" Let's get started then. can't leave your new guitarist waiting."
We practised until chloe and I could sing no more and Courtney's drum set had blood on it. It was one great practise.
We said our goodbyes and left going out separate ways. I went to walk out the gate when Patty stopped me.
"Hey Arial do you mind if It walk with you?"
"Sure you can walk with me its better than being alone." I could hardly speak from all the singing. Patty and I walked in the rain to blink-182. I got to my doors and said my goodbyes to patty.

I walked into the door with makeup running down my face and no voice. I ran upstairs to change and take my makeup off. I slid into my baggy little mermaid jumper and black leggings. I could here Dan and Phil in the kitchen making dinner. I had to go into the kitchen to make a cup of tea I went down with a notepad in hand and a pen in my mouth. I started making tea weaving in and out of my fathers whilst they make me dinner.
"Hay Arial. You are awful silent tonight is everything okay?"
"Yeah that's fine you go on ahead we don't mind. Dan and I are going to film so we may make some noise.

Dan and I hugged and I went to eat. I ate and went upstairs I was really tired so I just fell asleep at 9. I can't believe it's Thursday tomorrow.