"Well Ms. Edwards you're my assistant for the time being which means I should be able to count on you at any and every hour of the day." He replied

"Yes sir" she replied feeling like a child getting a lecture from her parents.

"Now listen carefully and write this down if you have to. I need you go to the office and look in my desk and get the Egypt file. You'll find it in a green folder. Seeing that's your favorite color you shouldn't miss it. I need you to take it to my house, I'd do it myself but I'm rather tied up right now"

He recited his address but she was still stuck on the fact her remembers green is her favorite color. A slow smile spread across her face just as he called her name to get her attention.

"Ms. Edwards are you getting all this?" He asked sounding annoyed

"Yes sir I got it. Egypt file to 313 Washington drive." She replied

She was about to ask how was she suppose to get there but the line went dead.

"Great just great. Now I'm going to have to dig into my rent money again. Seems like I'm always digging into my rent money to please men" she complained.

She walked into her room and reached under the mattress on her bed and pulled out the white envelope from its hiding place and stuffed it into her bag. She looked down at her clothes and saw how wrinkled her skirt now was so she quickly pulled on a pair of black jeans. Then rushed out.

She hurried through the late evening hustle and bustle on her way to the subway station so she could get to the E-train.

The train was crowded which left her with no option but to stand. Behind her stood a man that was standing entirely too close to her. She took a step forward and he mimicked her actions. She looked around at him and saw him giving her a creepy smile which she ignored and pushed her way through the crowded train to get closer to the back door.

She wasted no time rushing out when the train came to her stop. She kept glancing behind her all the way to the office on the next block hoping the creepy man from the train wouldn't follow her.

She had no trouble getting into the building once she showed the night guard her ID. She hurried to the elevator and straight to the office and grabbed the folder and checked yo make sure she had the right one the raced back downstairs after tucking it into her bag.

She waved goodnight to the guard as she rushed outside the glass door the flag down a passing taxi. She gave the driver the address and settled back watching the scenery go by. The city lights rolled by along with apartment buildings. Soon replaced by clean streets on which mansions stood.

Welcome to the land of the rich and famous. She thought to herself.

She watched as the car pulled up to a beautiful white mansion that took her breath away. The lawn perfectly kept, trees trimmed to look perfect, flowers that looked almost too perfect to be real.  She felt completely out of place.

She pulled her shoulders back and walked to the door and rang the doorbell. She was about to ring it again but dropped her hand to her side when she heard sound coming from inside. She heard a door slam then the front door was pulled open. Johnathan stood there wearing the same suit that he wore from earlier in the office and a scowl on his face that made her nervous.

"Well don't just stand there. Come on in we have work to do" he said stepping aside so she would come in.

She didn't even have time look around the foyer before he was rushing her off to his study. Just as they walked by the stairs April heard sniffles coming from the top. She paused and looked and was shocked to see a beautiful girl standing at the top of the stairs crying.

"I should have known you ruined my evening for a woman" she yelled

April stood wide eyed as her boss turned to look at the girl at the top of the stairs.

"She's not a woman" he replied

Then what the heck am I? April wanted to shout at him.

"She sure looks like one" the girl replied crossing her hands.

One point for the kid. April mentally cheered.

"That's not what I meant mio angelo. I meant she's not a date, she's my assistant" he replied

"Oh great dad, its even worse. You're blowing me off for work!" She yelled some more.

Dad? This ice cold handsome jerk has a child? I don't know if I should feel for him or the kid. April thought to herself.

She stood there awkwardly watching them argue, wishing she could say something to defuse the tension. The girl turned and ran out of site.

"Let's go!" He snapped causing her to jump and follow him straight to his study.

This is going to be a long night. She thought to herself.