All's Fair in Love and Law

Start from the beginning

Okay Rick, no turning back. This is your problem and the priority right now is to get Kimberley to hospital and then it would all be out of my hands, I'd be able to get her the best care possible.

"Linda!" I called frantically searching the room.

What did they do in the movies. Hot water, blankets. Oh sh*t, I have absolutely no idea!

Linda walked into the room, grinning before the smile vanished from her face, "Mrs Alonso, are you alright?"

I turned towards Kimberley to see that her hair was already partially frizzy and her brow covered in sweat.

"Fine thank you Linda," she puffed, dabbing her forehead with a tissue, "Just going into labour."

She said it as if she was taking a walk or something which would have made me laugh if it wasn't actually happening.

Linda gasped, looking at me, "Do you need anything? Ambulance?"

"No," I said, tossing Linda my car keys, "Can you bring my car around front please?"

"Yes Mr Alonso, of course."

She rushed out of the room and down into the lift, looking concerned.

"You okay baby?" I asked taking hold of her hand, "It's okay, I'm here."

"Kiss me please..." she whined, already breathing in short, sharp pants. Jesus, how far along was she?

I lowered my head and kissed her lips softly, "There, all better Mrs Alonso?"

"Much, much bet- ow!" she gritted her teeth and sunk her nails into the sofa.

I rubbed her belly in small circles, "It's coming, the baby's coming." I laughed in almost disbelief.

"Don't laugh! It's f***ing painful Rick!" she moaned, gripping me tight.

"I know baby, I know, but it'll be over soon enough, I'll be here every step of the way I promise, just try not to break my arm in the process! And try not to swear, you know baby can hear your voice."

"F**k that right now!" she groaned, "It hurts Rick, it hurts so bad."

Well, that was the swearing thing out the window.

She bit her bottom lip and red immediately appeared. I lifted my fingers and pulled her lip from her teeth.

"Kimberley! You'll hurt yourself, stop it!" I withdrew my handkerchief from my breast pocket and wiped away her blood, "You're lucky I've got more than one of these."

"I'll put it in the washing machine when we get home." She smiled, although it was more of a grimace at present.

This is what I loved about us. We could be going through hell and yet have the most random conversations.

My cell buzzed in my pocket and I pulled it out.

"Hello?"

"Mr Alonso, your car is outside the main entrance."

"Thank you Linda. Goodbye."

I hung up quickly.

"Alright baby, I'm going to lift you up okay?" I said, swivelling her around on the sofa, so I could lift her bridal style.

"Okay, Rick." She smiled as I took her into my arms.

I carried her to the lift and we went down the 19 floors to where my car was waiting.

I slid her in before starting up the ignition and speeding to the hospital.

She clutched her belly in pain as I lifted her from the car seat as we reached the hospital.