chapter 15: starting over

martinus pov//

i'm really hoping this morning j will remember everything. i know that isn't how it works but it's been hurting me to know she can't remember.

now i have to start all over with her. today she will go home and marcus and i have to refresh her memory about everything.

this is going to be extremely difficult, but then again love can be difficult. i will help her through this. j was sleeping still. i had woken up a little while ago and i was on my phone.

i felt moving around. i looked at j and she was waking up i think. she opened her eyes and when she saw me she seemed alarmed.

j-"you are still here?"

martinus-"of course! why would i leave?"

j-"i mean i don't know i just thought you wouldn't want to stay."

martinus-"i won't leave your side."

i went to kiss her on the forehead but she moved away. she dodged me. it hurt but i guess she didn't realize.

j-"sorry i forgot we are together. there is a lot going through my mind right now."

martinus-"it's okay."

j-"so i'm going home today right?"

martinus-"right."

j-"wait so my home though where is that?"

martinus-"right next to my house."

j-"oh good."

she blushed a little bit. what was she thinking about?

martinus-"i've never seen you blush so much in the past 24 hours. what are you thinking about?"

j-"you of course!"

aw that's so sweet. i was making her blush all over again. well at least i still have that.

>>

the car door opened and j stepped outside. she looked really lost. even though it was a small town it was a new town technically.

j-"so this is where i live?"

martinus-"yes."

j-"what happened to me living in new york?"

martinus-"you moved."

j-"right. my parents jobs."

i was surprised she remembered that. what else does she remember?

martinus-"yes exactly."

j-"it's really cold here."

martinus-"well it is norway."

she was shivering. i took of my jacket and put it around her. we walked inside and she took a look around her house.

i wanted to take her home first. she walked around, running her fingers along the furniture. looking at the photos on the wall.

she went upstairs and went into her room. she sat on her bed and took it in.

j-"i remember this place."

martinus-"you do?"

she nodded her head. i went and sat next to her. i wanted to know more. what else did she know?

martinus-"what else do you remember?"

j-"lena. she's my best friend. and my siblings back in new york. and my parents. they are working as usual. my old school. my old life. i can remember. but this new life. you. your brother. everything since i guess i came here. i don't even remember that was."

she looked up at me and she had tears forming.

j-"i want to remember."

martinus-"don't cry j."

j-"but i can't. i'm so sorry."

martinus-"it's okay. we will be here. and hopefully you will get your memory back. i will wait no matter how long it takes."

i pulled her into a hug. i kissed her forehead. i will wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

i don't want to keep doing this