chapter 7: sweet dreams

j pov//

something felt very soft. i was holding onto something and it wasn't a pillow. i opened my eyes to see me holding on marcus.

i looked up quickly and my face was red. he looked at me with surprise. he must have realized i was startled.

j-"h-have you been here the whole time?"

marcus-"yea and so has martinus but he fell asleep."

i turned the other way and i could see martinus lying down next to me. he looked so cute when he was sleeping.

j-"sorry i didn't mean to hold onto you."

marcus-"it's okay. i didn't mind it."

j-"how come you guys stayed?"

marcus-"we were worried about you."

j-"you don't have to be."

marcus-"but we were."

j-"you guys are sweet. sorry i thought it was you guys who did that to me. i should have known."

marcus-"it's okay. we kind of set ourselves up."

we looked each other for a long time. i've never really looked at marcus closely but something about his warm exterior made me feel comforted.

j-"would you mind if i shower? i'm pretty cold right now."

marcus-"go ahead."

i got up from the covers slowly so i didn't wake martinus. i giggled a little at how he fell asleep, his hair all in his eyes.

i went into my bathroom and shut the door behind me. i only stayed in there for a couple of minutes, not wanting to move really.

i just let the warm water run down my back. i stepped out and wrapped the fluffy towel around my body.

oh no. my clothes are in my room. i opened my door and poked my head out. this is really weird.

j-"marcus close your eyes, i'm coming out to get clothes."

marcus-"okay."

he shut his eyes while i crept out to get my clothes. i was bent over in my drawer when i could hear rustling. i turned around to see martinus moving.

oh no oh no he's about to be awake i have to move it. he was opening his eyes and he noticed i wasn't there. he got up and looked straight at me while i was dripping wet.

his face turned beat red. i ran back into the bathroom and shut the door behind me.

marcus-"can i open my eyes now!"

j-"yea!"

i called from the bathroom. i can't believe martinus just saw me in a towel. that's incredibly awkward. i put my clothes on quickly and put my hair up.

when i came back out martinus was still red as a tomato and so was i.

marcus-"martinus why are you so red."

martinus-"um i-um i erg."

j-"nevermind that."

marcus smirked and i think he understood. he looked at martinus than back at me. he gave a dirty smile.

j-"okay let's do something."

marcus-"i'm hungry."

martinus-"you always are."

j-"pizza?"

marcus-"YES!"

j-"want to order some and we can stay here and watch movies and play games and all."