chapter 13: fights

marcus pov//

wow. the past couple of days with elena has been amazing. she is so much fun and she is nothing like j. she is something else.

i don't know what i saw in her in the first place. nothing now, i'm over her.

i walked into the door and went straight to the fridge. i was so hungry. mom was in the kitchen and she smiled to me.

mom-"hi honey how was your day?"

marcus-"fine."

i shut the door with a sandwhich in my hand. when i turned around j was in front of me. ugh she's here? i rolled my eyes.

j-"hi marcus. can we talk in the other room?"

marcus-"fine whatever."

we went into the living room and sat on the couch.

j-"marcus what is up with you. what you texted me really hurt me and even martinus. we care about you and dont want to see you get hurt. why are you hanging out with elena she is rude and-

marcus-"for god sakes shut up!"

j-"w-what?"

marcus-"you make everything about you and expect people to feel sorry for you. well guess what i dont."

j-"marcus why are you saying all this."

marcus-"just go j! nobody wants you here. do you wonder why your parents left you? cause i understand now. your a pain in the ass and nobody loves you. not even your own parents."

i got up from the couch and stormed out of the room. god when will she just leave me alone.

gerdanne pov//

i was listening to marcus. he was taking so loud i could what he was saying.

i was shocked he was saying those things to j. i don't know what has gotten into him but that was very unlikely of him.

i went into the living room and i saw j sitting on the couch. she wasn't crying which was a good sign but she looked upset.

gerdanne-"j im so sorry. i don't know what has gotten in to marcus. it's not true what he said your parents love you and we love you. i want you here. im going to go talk to marcus. wait here martinus will be back soon."

i gave her a hug. martinus had gone out to soccer. marcus skipped and i didn't know where he was but he wasn't at practice.

i walked upstairs to find marcus sitting on his bed on the phone talking to elena. i grabbed his phone and ended the call.

marcus-"what was that for!"

gerdanne-"marcus what you said down there was not ok. do you realize what you said is incredibly hurtful. i dont know who you are right now but this is not the son i raised. i don't want you speaking to elena anymore."

marcus-"that's so unfair! this is ridiculous. she ruins everything for me."

gerdanne-"no marcus you ruined everything for yourself."

i left marcus there. ive never been so hard on marcus but what he did was not ok. i walked downstairs and j was gone.

where did she go. martinus was sitting on the couch and he was reading something.

gerdanne-"martinus what's wrong."

martinus-"nothing but j was here. where did she go?"

gerdanne-"i'm not sure."

martinus-"mom she isn't answering me. what happened well i was gone?"

gerdanne-"well your brother wasn't exactly being that nice. he is an awful mood and i'm sure it's because of that elena."

martinus-"man i knew it. he has been so rude to her and he texted her something awful."

gerdanne-"let me see."

he pulled out his phone and showed me the texts. i was shocked.

marcus' pov//

wow mom is really mad at me. i guess i was a little harsh with j. i didn't mean it i was upset that she hadn't chose me i admit it.

that why i was with elena. i need to go apologize. i walked downstairs and saw martinus on the couch with emma and mom near him.

i could tell he was upset. i could feel his sadness from here and by the look on his face i knew.

marcus-"whats wrong?"

martinus looked up at me and he seemed really angry. like he was going to explode.

martinus-"this is all your fault! if you hadn't been such an ass then none of this would have happened."

mom-"martinus calm down please."

marcus-"what did i do! i came here to apologize."

gerdanne-"you are too late marcus."

marcus-"what do you mean where is j?"

emma-"she left!"

emma seemed annoyed to but probably just because martinus was mad. i don't know if she knew what was happening but i sure didn't.

mom left martinus and i alone. he wouldn't even look at me.

marcus-"martinus what happened where did she go?"

he took his phone and shoved it in my face. i read the  screen.

please show to your family.

mr. and mrs. gunnarsen thank you for being my parents when i didn't have mine. martinus i love you and i love spending time with you my heart is with you. emma for being my little sister and playing dress up with me. and marcus. i dont have much to say to you anymore except im sorry for ruining your life with my problems. i wont be a mess around you and you wont hear my cry anymore.

oh my god. i messed up really bad. when i was done reading martinus took the phone back from me and went to the door.

marcus-"where are you going?"

martinus-"to find j."

marcus-"im coming."

martinus-"no you're not. you are the reason she left she doesn't want to see you and neither do I."

marcus-"'martinus please im so sorry. let me be there.

martinus-"fine."

mom-"boys i'm coming."

we got in the car and started driving around. she wasn't at her house, the football field, school or anywhere.

martinus called christina and she wasn't there. christina she would let us know if she heard anything.

it was getting darker and still no j. im so worried. i did this this is all my fault. i hate myself. my mom got a call, but it was probably just my dad asking when we were getting home.

mom-"hello? yes this is her."

well clearly it wasn't my dad. martinus and i looked at each other extremely worried.

mom-"i will be right over there."

martinus-"mom what happened."

mom-"boys we are going to the hospital. the police found j but shes not responsive. she is in the emergency room. she was walking along the side of the road when a car wasnt looking and hit her."

me and martinus at the exact same moment looked at each other. we forgot about our fight and hugged each other.