Chapter 19

(Elizabeth's pov)

I walk beside Sevastian and Natalia. Head downwards and not saying a word. I hear sevastion's voice pipe up.

"Elizabeth what's wrong?"

"Nothing..." I say lying, I know they will both know I am lying but I don't care. I am not telling them what I know until we are safe and out of harms way. Or them more importantly. I know they both know about the soldiers at school. but I know what their planning.

They don't ask anymore questions and when we get to the safe spot and we know we are well hidden. Sevastian starts.

"Okay, here is what I know..." Sevastian starts and explains what he knows. still not the same shit I know, similar and close but not the same. I look to Natalia once he's done explaining what he knows about the situation.

"Okay what's your side?" I ask her.

"Ok well I got a tape from the soldiers that they dropped. I don't know much of it but I know it said something about war...". She looks down at her lap then back up at me.

"Okay well may I see the tape maybe I can explain it to you."

She gets it out of her book bag and lays it on the floor.

I raise an eyebrow and bend to pick it up. Once I do I grab my computer out my bag with a few cords and plug it all up to play the tape. I plug in head phones listening to the whole thing. I sigh and move down the headphones. I go to speak but get cut off by yelling and screaming. Soon a loud bang sound and I feel tears. But hold them back. Sevastian moves to get out but I hold him back soon Natalia is trying to get out of the hiding hole too. I hold her back as well .

"Please don't go out there...... You won't like what you see...."

"I don't care!!" She runs to the window looking out to people being shot down. I hear machine guns, I charge and tackle Natalia to the floor, right as we hit the floor the window is shattered.

"Don't run into things......" Sevastian says helping us to the back of the house. "Elizabeth, run run to the river, cross it then keep running. Because now, you and every American alive will be hunted"

"But.."

"Sevastian you don't know which ones are firing.... So really it's not safe for any of us." I say kind of worried for their safety.

"Just go! Get your mom and leave.... Go back to America.. Were your safe"

I sigh hug Natalia and then hug Sevastian.

"Thank you both..... Bye..." I dart out the back door and run. Running fast and quickly. Once I get home moms in the car.

"Get in!" I do as she yells and get in the car, dad's in the back seat bandaged and asleep. Soon we are at the airport and we are on a plane. Plane to America like nothing happened.