Chapter 13

(Elizabeth's POV)

I stand in the shower getting warm and thinking 'this is strange, why would he help me? I thought Russians hated Americans...' I wash my hair and body, then I turn off the water and step out and wrap in a towel. I walk down stairs to the dryer and open it. finding clothes I slip them on in front of the dryer, really hoping no one comes in or back here in the laundry room.

The clothes are tight but nothing like skinnies and tank tops. I Finnish with my boots, my uggs that are now dry, and warm I might add. I smile and walk to the living area to thanks Sevastian, but he is out like a light. I here a car door slam outside and I freeze and then run. I go to the sliding doors and open it, as the front door is being opened.

I run off into the woods closing the door behind me. I run and get stuck at the flowing river, just my luck. I huff and start pacing, soon to realize I may have to go the long way. I sigh, turn and start walking my way around, or to at least the way I think. Then I hear someone talking, well two people. A deep manly voice and then.... Sevastian! I turn around thinking one of them may have a gun, but neither of them do. Then Sevastian runs over.

"Hay. You need some help? The rivers not really for Americans". He laughs and grabs my arm.

I sigh and follow him, I am glad that he found me and saved me, and that he is here he has been nice to me since I got her unlike everyone else. Am I starting to fall for a Russian?

"Just be careful. Slide your feet instead of step".

"Why?" I ask him holding on to his arm

"If you step that's what unsettles the ice. Thus why it cracks".

"Oh well that makes since......... " I look down to my feet, and keep he of his tight arm.

"alright. See it's not so bad".

Yeah not-" I step by accident and fall takin him with me. he lands on top of me but quickly moves, and stands up, he helps me up.

"Do you know how to get to town or do you want me to walk you home?"

"Walk me home please..."

"No problem. Which street?"

"The one right near the slopes"

"Gotcha."

"Honestly I don't wanna go home....."

"Why is that? Family?"

"Yeah, geuss you could say that...." I look down away from him when we get to a snowy and just a snowy area I let go of his arms.

"Hmm. I would tell you not to but I tried to do the same."

"Do what? Runaway?"

"Well yes. My parents didn't exactly listen to what I had to say, but this is when I was young."

"Well my parents don't listen to me at all."

"Same situation then. I say you just keep out of the house for a while. I bet Natalia would offer some room."

"Doesn't she already have siblings and all that at her home, I don't want to burden her."

"Well she's normally visiting her eldest sister. Stays with her a lot."

"Why?" I ask as we get up to my house. "Never mind, we're here and thanks but ya better get going..."

"Yah I need to get home. But I hope to see you at school Monday."

I smile feeling my cheeks get getting flushed with red. I wave good bye and open the door and run in as he runs off. I close the door behind me, smiling, but as I walk through the living room, I stop and see my mother and father on the couch, my mom stands and walks away. I guess this will be a father beat down that she wants no part of.

"Where the hell have you been! your mother and I- stand in attention young lady!"

I know my posterior in standing is wrong for his military background and actions. I straighten up only to get a tank in my arm, yanking me to the ground. I hit my knees, shock shoots through my soar joints from the freezing water earlier, or actually yesterday.

"Fine! ya know what! nothing ever works on you! So we are going to try something different! when you get up tomorrow you are to come wake me, then you are going into training! Understood!?"

I nod, not really speaking, his hand reaches my arm and starts shoving me upstairs, once in my room he slams my door. I turn around to my window and it's barred! Great. This is the military life, prison. I run to my bed and flop on it. I lay there for hours staring off into space, until I fall asleep.