Chapter 20

(Natalia's POV)

I look at Savatian as she runs from us. I watch as he takes a few steps to follow but then he just stops and gives a look of worry. He doesn't look at me but I know he has feelings for her. As we walk back towards our houses I hear more guns and we hide.

"Well what's the plan"?

"We need to find out who's firing Savatian. Don't instantly go to them". I say referring to americans.

"I was going to say it's us but it looks like I was wrong. Look there".

I follow to where he is pointing and I see Americans shoring and jumping in there cars. My eyes widen and Savatian and I split ways. As I'm running home fear strikes my entire body. What if Elizabeth doesn't make it out!? What will she do then? I stop not running home but to the airport. When I see her getting on a plane I give a sigh of relief and when she sees me she waves her hand for me to run. I nod and wave goodbye as I run home. I'm glad she's going to get home..... As much as I didn't like her... I'll miss her. She was a change around here. We needed one.

"Natalia"! I look to see Savatian running towards me an we both run together. When we get to my house my mother lets is both in.

"Both of you get down. There are soldiers everywhere"! My mother yells.

As soon as I run into the living room I see a soldier with a gun pointed right at me. My eyes widen and I stay still. Savatian comes in behind me and the gun goes to him. When I hear him put the hand on his trigger my mother runs in and I move in front of her as the bullet hurls to her.

When the bullet goes right though my side I fall to the ground and the soldier runs out of the hose as my father comes in with his guns. I lay there gasping then I let out a wince of pain and immediately I feel myself being picked up which makes it worse. I cover my mouth letting out a cry of pain and I'm rushed to the hospital as my vision starts to go blurry.

But the last thing in my mind is my worry for Elizabeth.

"Please get home safe".