Chapter 6

I wake up the next morning and go to school. It's just another boring day that I can't wait to be over. I'm trying to learn English but it's really hard. There origins are so different and I can't wrap my head around it. I look over to Savastian and he looks just as confused. No help what so ever... Once third is over I go to lunch with Dina. I lay my head on the table.

"Der'mo.... I forgot about the project".

"It's not nice to say bad words. You didn't even think about it"? she asks giving me a non surprised look.

"Shut up I forget easily. Plus I have you to copy off of. Give it here". I say reaching out my hand. "Plus you owe me for saving you on that test last week".

She groans and hands me the paper. I snicker and start copying it word for word. After ouch we go to fourth. It always seems like the longest period. I guess that's because it's the last class of the day. I get most of the work done then I pack up my stuff and wait for the bell to ring. I trip over my partners bag and growl.

"Watch it! These uniforms don't really hide anything".

"Sorry. Just hope you don't fall like that normally".

I growl and fix the skirt. The uniform itself is a white collared shirt with a black sweeter and a black, gold, and red plaid skirt with black leggings. It's not even decent looking and this is more of a modern school. It has glass walls in every classroom so it's nice to daze off and look what's going on outside. Once the bell rings I run home and change. Someone need to complain about the uniforms. I would but I don't feel like going though the trouble. I get a call from Savatian and he's talking a mile a minute.

"Whoa slow down. What's up"? I say grabbing my stuff for the slopes.

"Looks like the slopes are closed... The soldiers have practically taken it over for their base. Well this sucks. Want to call Dina and go to the mall instead"? I look at the clock then inside my wallet. I need to earn more money.... But that doesn't mean I have to buy anything.

"Umm sure. You call Dina. I'll see you around 4:30".

"Ok bye". We hang up and I get some different clothes on. An ice blue shirt with my black jeans and black scarf. I wear my jean jacket and head out.

"Bye mom going to the mall". I say walking out. When I don't get a response I go in her room and see she's taking a nap. I leave a note and leave. I get on the bus and see Savatian and Dina at the mall stop waiting for me. "Sorry. Mom was asleep. Had to find paper to leave a note".

We mostly look around the mall looking. Not buying. A lot of stuff I wanted. But I couldn't afford it prices have gone up. It ticks me off that I can't pay for much anymore. I need a job... A car might be nice to. I think of the possibilities and smile.

"Hello? Earth to Natalia"? I blink a few times and look at both of them. "You off in lala land? You do that all the time".

"Sorry I was just thinking". After I get home that night I go take a shower, eat, then go strait to bed. Why did these U.S. soldiers have to come and ruin my fun? I write in my journal then go to sleep around 11:30.