Chapter 17

(Elizabeth's pov)

I lay in my room, on my bed, curled into a ball. I hear the phone ring then the front door open. Then I hear Natalia's voice, it's calm and angry at the same time. I sigh and listen.

They talk about the bullet and Sevastian for a second but then I hear nothing and then my dad swear.

"God damn it! I hate them! they need to be wiped off the face of the earth, with the atomic bomb!"

I listen to my dad rant and rave then I hear his foot steps coming quickly up the stairs. once again the phone rings, his footsteps stop and go down the stairs. I listen to him answer the phone.

"Yes....okay.....yes sir..... well, he was in my daughters room, when I came home he was kissing her and then he tried to hit me...... yes sir....... I was protecting my daughter....... yes sir.... yes.....okay.. thank you...." I hear the phone slam down and then his heavy foot steps coming back up the stairs, heavy and pissed.

When he opens my door I curl into a ball near my wall on my bed.

"Thanks to you and your little boyfriend, and your little project buddy, I'm on leave for a week!"

I mumble, "don't blame me......"

I feel his hand come down and sling me to the ground and then his foot on my chest. I roll as his foot comes back and kicks my head like a soccer ball, when I look up my mom is standing behind him, with his gun.

"Stop it Garrett! Leave our daughter alone!" My mother says pointing the gun at his head. I wouldn't doubt her pulling the trigger, and it's highly unlikely that she'll miss.

I roll and sit up as my dad looks at my mom.

"Christy out the gun down..... Please put the gun down." He walks closer to her as he begs but my mom isn't backing her guard down.

I go wide eyed as she pulls the trigger and the gun shot goes off. My dad hits the ground, I notice the gun isn't in my moms hands and my dad's leg is bleeding. The struggle only lasted a minute, I stand there in shock. I watch my mom go to her knees in tears, trying to help my dad, I get the strength to move and I dart out my room, down the stairs, and out the back door. This time I know where I'm heading.

I run all the way to Sevastian's, not caring that I'm only in a tank top and jeans. No shoes or coat, no socks, just jeans and a tank top.

I keep the running pace 'till I get to the lake, I stop at the edge, breathe and start to walk/slide across. Then I remember Sevastian telling me what to do. When he helped me out the ice, when he was nice in class, the first one to come up to me and say hi.

Then Natalia, she didn't want to but I think she's warming up to me. Probably not, they probably hate our guts.

When I get to his house I hear loads of talking. I hear Natalia's voice and loads others, but I don't hear Sevastian's. I sigh and take my fate and or chance and knock.

Right before I'm about to knock Natalia opens the door, looks at me, then she says something to the people in Russian.

"Yes let her in Natalia." I hear Savatian's voice and Natalia moves aside.

"Come on in." She smiles and sits down with Savatian wrapping his leg.

I sigh and walk in gulping as I see about twenty Russians everywhere around. I walk up to Sevastian.

"Look, I...... I came here to apologize for my father, he just...... He is really upset about the killing of the soldiers....... 7 of them....." Someone starts yelling at me in Russian and out of habit from my father yelling I flinch.