Chapter 12

(Savatian's pov)

I take my usual walk though the woods and the snow is coming down lightly. When I hear ice breaking I run to the river and see the American girl. I run over but I'm careful on the ice. I grab her and throw her across the ice making her slide to shore before the ice cracks more. I fall though but I get up immediately and get out of the water. I grab her and I carefully get her back to my house. My parents are gone for the whole week and I see the girl is somewhat out of it. I grab a blanket and put it around her then I put her near the fire to sleep. Hmm. How did she even fall though? Was she running? While I'm cooking soup I hear her gasp in the living room and I go in and see her looking around.

"I'm very sorry if I startled you. I'm sorry as well for bringing you here. I couldn't let you die though".

I hear her mumble but can only make a few words out.

".....rather die....." She stares at the fire and sits up curling in the blankets.

"I can't let you do that. It would waist so much".

She cuts her eyes to me, and for some reason I do not think I have seen that much hate and sorrow in ones eyes. She looks away from me and back at the fire.

I try to change the subject. "Would you like anything to eat? Or do you want me to take you home"?

"I'm not hungry thank you, and no I don't want to go home..........."

"There is a pot left out if you would like some later. It's getting late so I'm going to sleep. There is a room upstairs to the right if you wish to sleep there or here. Goodnight".

"Goodnight......." I watch her lay on the floor facing the fire. Wrapping the blanket.

I go upstairs and get some sleep in the morning I go downstairs to find her still there but asleep. I get dressed and I go downstairs and fix some of the soup for breakfast. I don't wake her but I wait for her to get up. When she does wake up I bring over a bowl to her.

"Please try to eat. Your body won't warm up in your damp clothes you will just get sick".

"I don't care it just means my parents won't need to worry........ And honestly I am not hungry.......but I am grateful for one thing...... You saving me I could have just lost all feeling in the bottom half of my body, then sunk then the top and died there".

"Well I live close and I take a walk every day. It's a good thing I came when I did. Why don't you go take a shower to warm up at least. I'll dry off your clothes if you want me to".

"Fine..... Where is your bathroom?" She stand and shivers when the cold air surrounds her. She looks at me wrapping her self with her arms.

"It's just upstairs to the left. I'll put you out some of my sisters clothes for now. Then I will dry yours".

"Okay." She walks up stairs and then I hear the closing of a door.

While she showers I get her clothes and put them in the dryer then I go lay down on the couch then I find myself falling asleep.