Chaper 14

(Natalia's pov)

I grab some of the bread from our family's shop and run out the door to go to Savastian's house. I walk across the lake and when I see a hole in the side I look in confusion.

"Oh yah that. The American girl fell though". He says as I jump.

"You sacred the hell out of me and why was she over here"?

"I'm not sure. But I think it was because she was trying to run away".

"Hmm. Guess she can't handle ice. Or a little cold".

"Oh come on. The first time you fell in to".

"Yah but I had my sister with me. I dove in to save her".

"Yes and why where you walking over here"?

"Because she wanted to come see your sister".

"Oh.... Yah that seems about right. But it was hilarious. You where sick for a whole three weeks".

"It's not funny at all. I was cold for three weeks and I hated every minute".

He laughs and we go up to his room and play a few video games and I win most of the time. Then he complains and changes the game. I hear his father yelling downstairs about the American being here and I laugh.

"Did you not call them"?

"No. They would have made me take her home. Which isn't exactly what she wanted".

"So you would listen to her instead of your parents"?

"Hm. I guess so". He smiles but I feel kinda bad. Not that it's a bad thing but is he falling for the girl?

"So do you like her"?

"That's the thing. I'm not sure. But more than just a friend I know that".

I get a bad feeling in my stomach and I feel anger rising. Wait.... I should be happy for him. No I can't be.... Jealous? I shake the thought and just give a weak smile. Later on my way home he just randomly brings her up again. It makes me have that feeling again and I hate it. No he's my friend... I couldn't.

"Alright well I'll see you soon. Why don't you give the girl a call. See how she's doing"?

"Do it yourself. I'll give you her number if you want it".

"No. Because then she will think I'm worried".

"Well what's so bad about that? I worry about you all the time".

"But I don't want her to think that I like-".

When he freezes I look at him worried.

"Worried that she will know that you like her"?

"Do you"?

"Do I what"?

"Like me"?

"Why would you ask me that? Worry for you like family! Not at all in that way"!

"Just checking. I want to make sure it's ok with you.... If I did ask her out".

"I don't care what you do. You don't need my approval Savastian". I sigh and go inside and my parents are standing there.

"Yes"?

"Why is Savastian speaking to you? We told him to stay away". My mother says crossing her arms.

"I was the one talking to him. I was just saying hello and he walked me home since it was dark. Calm down".

"Just go to your room".

I sigh and run up. I lay on my bed thinking about his question and answer. Then I smile. Good luck getting by her AMERICAN parents. Who practically hate our guts.