gone?

I could hear everything happening on the other line and I could jump through the phone and kill someone. Hoping on the private plane I couldnt think straight. I felt like this was in someway my fault. Damein Walker was a dead fucker once I landed. 

Eric had been in the city visiting some of his hoes and I told him to go to the hospital immediately. I held the phone in my hand staring at the picture of her laughing with whipped cream falling from her cheek. The ambulance told me she out cold
..and might not wake up. I couldn't imagine this being the end and me not ever hearing her laugh again. Before I knew it tears were rolling down my face and I was breathing funny.

"Son don't make yourself sick" dad said behind me trying to comfort me. The love of my life could be gone before our lives even started together. How could i not feel sick. 

"sir we will be landing soon" Ellen said to my dad. getting up from the floor I sat back in the seat and buckled up. I was praying my pumpkin would be okay. 

Once we got to the hospital I had lost it. Running to the desk I knew I looked a mess. My hair was all over the place from me raking through it so many times. My eyes were dark and my face was probably red. My eyes were bloodshot and my hand had bloodstains from me punching a hole in the glass desk at the office. "i need...i need to see Tina where is she?!"

"are you her husband?" the woman asked through her glasses. 

"we can only let family see her at this point..its not looking good."

"what?! no im..im..oh my gosh" i said now clutching my chest. 

"what do you mean she's not looking good!?" i cried. I couldn't contain it. I could care less about the stares i was getting from the busy hospital around me. Out of the corner of my eye I see a small brown woman and a bald headed man in the corner sobbing. Wiping my eyes i recognized them; Tinas parents. 

May looks up and makes sad eye contact with me. She walks over with open arms and I embrace her tiny body. She was shorter than Tina and thinner. Her face only held laugh lines but her hair was as silver as aluminum.  Her father Michael followed and I started to feel even more guilty. She was so close to her parents so  I could only imagine how heart broken they felt. 

"She doesnt look good.." May croaked out wiping the tear under her glasses. "my baby might not make it" she cried softly shaking her head. Michael couldnt say a word, his eyes were glossed over but he was holding it all in. 

Phe came about an hour later-it was now early morning; in the crisp darkness. My dad took Tinas parents for some food and assured them I would be there all night. He didnt have to reassure them, there was no way I was leaving without seeing her. A doctor in training came out with a clipboard. She was about Tinas hight but a couple of shades darker. She had dark hair that stopped at her shoulders and she looked like a smart girl...but she looked very unsure of herself. 

"im looking for...the Hayes?" she said through her glasses. 

I hopped up fast and went over to her. "im here for Tina" i said with my heart beating out of my chest. She looked up at me unsure. "are...you related to her?"

"im her husband" i lied. I was sick of them telling me I couldnt see her. 

"sir you arnt here on the list...she isnt married." she said flipping through the stack of papers on the board.

"look shes my girlfriend I havent been able to see her please" i begged her.

"im sorry sir i-"

"im begging you i...i dont know what I will do without her i cant imagine not being able to at least see her. what if she doesnt make it?!" i said with more tears flowing from my eyes. The little doctor stared at me. Her name spelled Tori in black letters.