Chapter Twenty Nine

Kota's POV

Once the vampire decided to help us, it was like a different person emerged. He straightens immediately and determination fills his otherwise disturbing red eyes.

I have to admit, the fucker actually knows what he's doing. Gabe mutters through the bond, his wolf quirking his russet head in interest at the hurried diagram drawn in the dirt.

He better. North grumbles, pacing restlessly.

Don't worry, brother, we will see Aggele soon. Silas rumbles, trying to ease North's frustration.

"The biggest problem we will have to face is Cedric." The vampire says, bringing our attention back to him. "He's a brute who possesses the ability to immobilize anyone in his sight. But the luckily for us, his power is only limited to those directly in his line of sight. We have enough numbers that he won't be able to immobilize all of us. He will probably realize this soon and rely on his military background to fight."

We listen intently as he delineates Cedric's fight patterns, and I realize where Sang must have gotten the particular talent.

Sang. The thought of her scared and alone in the clutches of the bloodsucking monster of her nightmares has me wanting to go barging through the doors of the dilapidated house -- to hell with a plan. But the logical part of me that my brothers rely on knows that this plan may very well save our lives, and get Sang out of there more quickly.

My mind runs over the logistics of the plan again and I nod to myself. It was certainly more thought out than ours had been, and even if the vamp was preparing to betray us somehow, it had given us far more insight into the situation than we originally possessed. This would work.

I have to agree with you, Mr. Lee. Mr. Blackbourne's thought rings through the bond, interrupting my musing. However, this will only work if we each do our part. I realize each of us wish to rescue Ms. Sang, but we must keep our heads in this situation.

My brothers and I solemnly offer our agreements and Mr. Blackbourne stands straighter, a fierce look shining in his eyes.

Then, gentlemen, let's go get our mate.

Silas' POV

A surge of adrenaline rushes through me as we charge the house. We're so close, Aggele, hold on.

I could hardly draw in a breath since we learned of Aggele's disappearance. It was as though my lungs were constricting tighter and tighter every moment she was away. Trying to control my wolf's instinct to blindly rush after her had become increasingly difficult the longer we sat planning. But now the beast is free.

May the gods help anyone in my way.

North meets my eye and something passes between us. We've always been closer than the rest of the pack, but in this moment we were one -- willing to do anything to get our mate home safe.

The Cullens split off down the cramped corridors, while my brothers and I head straight for the basement and Aggele. We barrel through the door and my eyes go straight to a large bed. My vision grows red as I see the leech hovering over aggele mou's shaking frame, his head poised above her neck.

North howls in rage and charges toward them, Nathan and I right behind him. I feel the others' hesitation before they turn and race toward Cedric, as we planned.

The bloodsucker's head snaps up and turns to us, his blood red eyes wide in disbelief that quickly turns to displeasure.

Si! Grab Sang Baby and get her out of here, we got this fucker. North growls through the bond. I watch as North and Nathan barrel into the leech, and I shift, jogging over to aggele mou.

She stares up at me, wide green eyes blinking in shock. Her lower lip trembles as tears fill her eyes. I scoop her up in my arms and I can finally breathe. Her tiny body fits perfectly in my arms, and I'm not sure I can ever let go.

I come to my senses as a crash echoes through the room and the giant bed splinters apart.

"Let's get you out of here, Aggele." I mumble in her ear. She shivers in response and I tug her closer to my chest, jogging quickly out of the room.

"No!" The leech screams in fury at our retreating backs. I hide a grim smile, knowing my brothers will dole out just punishment for the hell he has put our mate through.

The cool air touches my skin as I reach the woods outside, and I absently hope that Aggele won't mind my nudity too much. This is not how I imagined her first encounter with the greek god to be.

I blink away the thought as I feel her tiny form jerk slightly in my arms.

"You- you're alive." She whispers, green eyes taking in every inch of my face as though she can't believe that I'm real. She shivers and I rest my head on top of hers.

"You're safe now, Aggele." I coo softly, hoping to ease her shaking. I frown as she shakes harder.

"Knock knock." I whisper. She snorts out a giggle and I smile softly.

"Who's there?"

"Butch, Jimmy, and Joe."

"Butch, Jimmy, and Joe who?" She asks quietly, small smile playing on her lips.

"Butch your arms around me, Jimmy a kiss, and let's Joe."

She chokes on a laugh and I frown in concern as coughs begin to wrack her small frame. She wheezes slightly, and shudders hard, almost making me drop her.

"Sang! Aggele, are you alright?" She smiles weakly at me as I set her gently down on a soft, mossy patch and quickly pull on the sweats from the sack around my ankle. I glance at her and see that her smile has contorted into a pained grimace.

"Silas." She whispers, turning her head to look at me. Her hair falls away from her neck and the breath leaves me in a whoosh.

"No... No, please. Sang!"

Nestled in between her neck and shoulder, a bite mark leers at me. Blood forms at the corners and drips into the hair that previously covered it. Oh God, no. Not aggele mou.

"Doc!" I shout, whirling towards the house in the distance. "Edward! Someone get out here!"

I hear a soft whimper and I turn back to Sang, trying to mask my fear.

"Sang, I'm so sorry." I choke. "We should have been there sooner. We should have been able to save you." I kneel down next to her, hands hovering uselessly above her.

"You did save me, Silas." She raises a shaky hand and cups my cheek. "You're my Superman."

Her hand drops back to the ground as a shiver wracks her body. She whimpers and clenches her eyes shut. No... No!

"Doc! We need you! Now!" I yell, panic filling my voice. Sang cries out and writhes on the ground, her face awash with pain and fear.

"Shh, aggele mou. It's okay, I've got you." My voice cracks as I gently pick her up and lay her in my lap. Her body trembles as she struggles to draw in deep breaths.

"It b-burns." She whimpers, jerking in my hold. My heart splinters apart with each cry from her lips. She's faced too much pain in this lifetime already... God, why her? A tear drips down my face and falls on her cheek, intermingling with her own tears. I bury my face in her hair and hold her tighter.

"Don't worry Aggele," I draw in a trembling breath and grasp her hand in my own. "The others are coming, we will fix this."

We have to.