Chapter Twenty

A/N Posting this chapter from my phone, so I apologize for any errors! Will probably go back and fix some things later, but enjoy!

North's POV

She was embarrassed. I could understand that. I mean, hell, I wouldn't want my ass bared to the world either.

Yet none of my brothers, nor I, took into account how absolutely fucking stubborn that girl was. Instead of letting us fix it somehow, or just talking to us, she had gone into hiding. All day.

I sigh as I finish drying the last of the dishes from dinner. She better have eaten all that lasagna.

Once again I question the note I taped to the bottom. Was it necessary? Was it too much? Shit, North, you should have just put the plate there. She doesn't need to think you're babying her.

"Dammit!" I slam a fist on the counter, then pinch the bridge of my nose.

"North, what's wrong?" Victor's wary voice makes me turn around to peer at him. His hair is disheveled as if he has been running his hand through it, and his clothes that are normally pressed and perfect, are rumpled. I peer closer and see that the buttons are in the wrong holes.

I raise an eyebrow at him. "What isn't wrong? We are prepping for some supposedly lunatic leech to attack, and now Sang Baby won't even talk to us."

I sigh again and hold my head in my hands, feeling defeated. "I don't know, Vic. Now I'm questioning my every fucking move when it comes to her."

"It's maddening, isn't it?" The little bastard smirks at me. I grunt and he grows serious.

"Look, North. You know how this imprinting bond goes. It's your soul mate; she is supposed to love you for who you are. Overbearing grump and all." He grins at me briefly before tilting his head in thought. "No matter what happens, Sang will always come back to us. She will always feel the same pull that we do. She belongs to us, and us to her. Nothing can change that."

I shake my head at him and grin. "If that's the case then why do you look like you took on a bear and lost? You're as torn up by this shit as I am."

Victor grimaces. "Just because I believe it, doesn't make her avoiding us any easier."

I walk over and clap a hand on his shoulder. "You got that right, brother."

He offers a small smile as I walk towards the door. I pause, coming to a sudden decision. "Hey, Vic. I'm going to go check on Sang Baby, maybe use her dinner dishes as an excuse. Wanna come?"

Victor brightens considerably and joins me on my journey to the stairs. Hopefully she won't throw our sorry asses out right away.

We arrive at her door and share a glance, gulping nervously. Here goes nothing.

Victor raises a hand and raps his knuckles gently on the door. No answer.

"Sang Baby?"

"Princess?"

Nothing. The silence grates at my nerves, filling my head with doubts and worries.

"Sang Baby, please let us in!" I lay my head against the wooden door separating me from my other half. "At least let us have your dishes?"

The answering silence is deafening. My shoulders slump and I turn to Victor in disappointment. He's staring bleakly at his feet.

"I don't know what else to do." He whispers, a slight panic tinging his voice. I frown, unsure how to fix this mess. Running an agitated hand through my hair, I join Victor as he starts to pace the hallway.