Chapter Six

A/N  Sorry it's short, but figured I had to give you all something! Let me know what you think!

There's a snort and I look towards the source in exasperation. What in the actual hell could be funny right now? My eyes find bright crystal blue ones, shining with amusement.

"I'm sorry, but was that not the most fucking adorable shit ever?" He grins to himself, brushing a strand of his blonde hair back to blend with the russet hair behind it.

"I mean seriously, a word like that coming out of a tiny pipsqueak like her? Am I the only one that found that fucking endearing as hell?"

I continue to stare at him wide-eyed. "O-okay. Looks like I'm not only stuck with werewolves, but psychotic ones at that."

Though part of me meant it -- most of them really did seem a little off the rocker -- I found that another part of me was inexplicably drawn to them. I don't think I'd mind if we accidentally took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up stranded in the woods for a while.

I blink, blushing at the direction my thoughts had gone. This is a very serious situation, Sang. Get your shit together and fantasize about the giant muscled specimens later! Looking around I see said specimens all peering at me curiously. I blush even more as I realize my thoughts had strayed for a bit long. The long haired blonde one grins at me knowingly and I would bet all of the marshmellows in my next bowl of lucky charms that he was an avid daydreamer.

The one with the glasses clears his throat, focusing on me. "Anyway, you were explaining why we were, uh, screwed."

I try to hold back the grin at his adorable inability to produce expletives. Ugh. C'mon, channel serious Sang! I shake my head slightly and look at all of the boys around me.

"Well, the vampire that you killed, Stefan, he's the right hand man of a seriously powerful dude named Vladimir. Trust me when I say you don't want his sights set on you. Anywho, you kinda ensured your demise the minute you went after Stefan. I would have totally warned you except I was, you know, thrown off a cliff." I mumble awkwardly.

Big, dark, and broody looks at me cautiously. "Well you seem to know the situation fairly well. So which is it, are you somewhat familiar with the leech or not?" He barks out, seeming to get angrier with each word.

I consider my options, I didn't know what their reaction would be to the truth. But I wanted to give them as much of an advantage as I could -- they would certainly need it. The thought of Vladimir coming after them had my heart beating painfully fast and my stomach tied in knots. What the hell is happening to me? I don't even know their names and I'm desperate to save them! They needed to know everything if they were to have a shot.

I hesitantly open my mouth to spill everything, when suddenly the huge furry creature I had been trying hard to ignore, lets out a warning growl. The men leap into action, tugging me on my feet and surrounding me before I could even think to close my mouth.

My mouth gapes back open when several large werewolves emerge from the treeline. "What the heck! I thought there were only..." I do a quick headcount, "nine of you!"

The boy with the fire eyes shoots me a wary look. "There are only nine of us."

The wolves part and a man steps out. Before I can take in any of his features, the giant greek god steps in front of me, effectively blocking my view.

"This land is already claimed by my pack, it's best if you all leave immediately." A deep and somewhat familiar voice rings out. I try to shift past the mammoth man to see, but huff in annoyance as he just shifts with me.

The man with the two-tone hair rolls his eyes. "Damn, kill a bloodsucker causing trouble on your land and this is how you fucking repay us?"

I hear a sharp intake of breath. "What do you mean you killed a vampire on our land?" He states shakily. "What did this vampire look like?" His voice is growing more frantic by the second. What the hell is happening?

I adored the boys' attempts to protect me, but this girl was never one to practice the art of damsel in distress.

I shove past the greek and duck under the arms of Mr. Grumps, coming to a stop in front of the boys. My eyes land on the figure in front of me and I feel the breath whoosh out of me for the millionth time that day.

"Jacob? Jacob Black?" His dark eyes focus on me and widen.

"Sang?" His lips twitch up into a grin. "Damn it's been years."

I take in his huge muscles and the wolves standing next to him. "Jesus. You're a werewolf now? And Bella's a vampire. Next I'll find out that Charlie is actually a freaking fairy!" I'm only partly joking. Things are fast spiraling out of control for me and I don't know how to handle it.

Jacob's face suddenly pales "Shit, vampires." He turns to the men behind me again. "What did the one you kill look like?" His fists are clenched and he looks about ready to pass out. Why on earth is he-? "I swear if they killed one of the Cullens I'll rip them apart, werewolf or not." I hear him mutter to himself. Oh.

Suddenly it all makes sense to me. Renesmee's memories come back and I can't believe I didn't realize earlier.

I step forward before anyone can say anything. "Jake, don't worry. The Cullens are fine. It wasn't one of them." He visibly relaxes.

"Well then I hope they weren't expecting any friends!" He grins suddenly, with a glint to his eye. "You should probably all head back to the house with me to explain the situation and describe the leech, just in case."

My eyes widen as I process his words. He wanted a pack full of vampire-killing werewolves to go chat with a house full of vampires? Yeah, this will be fun.