18

(Last Chapter)

•Madelyn•

•2 weeks later•

"Shawn, I still don't know what we are going to do," I mumbled as I looked down at the positive pregnancy test.

"Neither do I," he answered. "But we'll figure it out, one step at a time."

After a long moment of silence I continued on with the conversation.

"We need to tell your parents," I said. "What? How?" He asked.

"We have to, what else are we gonna do?" I asked. He thought for a moment, "My mom is home."

"Lets get it over with then?" He nodded and took my hand. We stood up and made our way to his mom which was in the kitchen, but stopped half way.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"I think it's better if I go alone, stay in the room," he demanded.

"What? No-"

"Madelyn, please go," he gritted through his teeth. Seeing how mad he was, I let go of his hand and walked into his room silently and waited for him to come back.

•5 minutes later•

I sat on his bed waiting for his return and within no time the door had swung open and revealed his mother, she was furious.

"You!" She pointed at me. "Out. Now!" She yelled. Frightened, I shot up to my feet.

"Mom! Are you really doing this?" I could hear Shawn ask as he followed her to the hallway and back into the room where she gave me a suit case.

"Yes, I'm serious!" She yelled and threw her hands up in the air. Shawn and her were standing at the doorframe giving each other intense stares while I continued packing.

"Where is she going to go?" He asked. "She has an adoptive family waiting for her. Well, maybe she does. They wanted to adopt one teenager not one teenager and a newborn," she scoffed.

"Mom, you're insane," he yelled.

"Me? Insane? Do you know how much I have done for you and Madelyn? I let her into the house when her parents killed themselves because of her, she did this and I'm the bad guy?"

"It was my fault too!" He exclaimed.

"Yes it was, but you're my child so you aren't leaving this house."

"Mom, let me go with her," he sobbed.

"No! Absolutely not!"

Tears continued flowing down my cheeks. I was embarrassed and I was just so depressed to hear her being up my mom again.

"I love her!" He yelled. "I love her too much to let her go too!"

"Well, sometimes if you love someone you have to let them go," she said.

"You are so unfair!" He exclaimed.

"You think you're in it bad right now? Wait until your father finds out."

"But mom, it's my baby and-"

"Its her choice to put the baby up for adoption or to be a single mother," she put her hands on her hips. I would never put the baby up for adoption.

"Mom!"

"Shawn! Just shut up and you," she pointed at me.

"I'll call your new family and ask if they still want you."

-10 minutes-

After 10 minutes of complete worries and anger it was revealed that I no longer have a family that wants to adopt me. So I phoned my grandparents and I'm gonna live with them until the baby is born. Then I go off on my own, sadly.

•2 full weeks later•

Shawn won't answer my calls anymore, I'm pretty sure his mom blocked my number or something. I've been living with my grandparents mansion for about 2 weeks and I love it here, but I'm miserable.

I don't have anyone anymore and I don't think I can take it much longer. My grandparents are rarely home since they are out usually.

The doorbell rang and after contemplating on answering I finally did. It was Jack.

"Jack? What are you doing here?" I asked.

"My parents finally told me what happened with you and all and I'm so sorry, how have you been?" He asked.

"It's been the worst. I lost Shawn. I'm living here with my grandparents and- wait, how did you find me?"

"I went over to Shawn's house and after a long time of begging they finally told me where you went off to."

"Oh, well thanks for stopping by. Did you need something?" I asked.

"Well, considering we are supposed to be siblings right now, I have decided that since you lost Shawn, I'd be his replacement. I mean, I know you might not consider me to be as good as Shawn, but I don't think this is fair. And I know my parents are going to kill me, but I wanted to let you know that I'll be here to take care of the baby, with you. But, uh, my parents would not like to take you as their own anymore."

Without a word from my mouth I had hugged him and kissed him on the cheek.

"You're literally the answer to my prayers and I don't know how I'm supposed to thank you," I smiled.

"Yeah, after Shawn told me that after the pregnancy you would be going off on your own I knew I couldn't let that happen. So my parents loaned me a couple thousand so that we could sustain together."

"Why are you doing this?" I asked.

"You deserve to be happy, Madelyn. You've gone through too much for your age and it's not good."

"Thank you, thank you. Thank you."

And suddenly my life got a little brighter.

••••••

SEQUEL? Or NAH?