14

After almost 10 minutes of sitting on the swinging bench on the porch the front door opened and out came Shawn's Mom. She sat next to me without a word, giving me silence, then started talking.

"Are you okay?" She asked and rubbed my back. I breathed in a deep breath, "Yeah, I guess. Why?"

"We heard your argument with Shawn. Those thin walls have their advantages, you know?" She chuckled. I nodded my head, not really in the mood to talk.

"Well, I know I shouldn't meddle in your business with Shawn, but I think I reserve the right to know. What did he do to you that made him leave you?" She asked. I sighed.

"Okay. Earlier this year Shawn's so-called friends, you know them, wanted to add Shawn to their crew, I guess. And since they were all popular and famous around campus Shawn of course wanted to befriend them. I always knew they were jerks but I guess Shawn just didn't see that.." I stopped and tucked a few strands of hair behind my ear. "And u-um-" my voice cracked as played with my fingers, Karen patted my back for comfort.

"For him to be joined to their group h-he had to mess with my feelings. So he asked me to a dance that the school was hosting and I honestly really liked him at the time so I said yes. But th-then.." I had to stop. It was too much pain to relive. "His friends just popped up and I found out it was all a joke. Everything was a joke, I was heartbroken, and until I came here with you guys to live he hadn't spoken to me at all. I wanted to talk to him but I just couldn't give him anymore chances and yeah, basically."

"Wow. That must've been a lot to handle and then your parents and everything. Did he ever pass a glance at you ever though?" She asked.

"Actually he and his friends would- would mess with me, bullying if you'd rather say, physically and mentally. Shawn never really did anything until about a day before I came here or something like that, maybe even that day. He slapped me and I could tell he was sorry but that was still no excuse. But before then he just sat back and watched in sympathy. Well, later on he asked me to stay here. I had no choice, what was i going to do? I had no family here and I couldn't live on my own, and I had no other friends. But I knew that he wasn't the only one in this house and that you guys would be here, but I was still scared of course, I mean, he hurt me once, why wouldn't he hurt me again, right?"

"Okay. I understand but why didn't you tell me this earlier?" She asked.

"I didn't want you guys to think of Shawn differently, and I still had those friendly feelings for him deep inside of me so why not just cover?"

"Honey," she chuckled. "I am very, deeply, crazily disappointed in Shawn. I thought he was better than that, but I would never think of him differently or hate him. He's my son, I could never AND the same goes for you. I love you," she hugged me before pulling away and speaking.

"Anyways though, in a few minutes, maybe 30, your potentially future parents will be here," she said.

"Okay, thanks. I'll go change and take a shower," I said and stood up.

-
After changing my clothes and trying to avoid Shawn as much as even possible, Karen called me down the stairs. I took in a deep breath and stared at myself once more in the mirror before attempting to strut down the stairs. First I saw a woman, must be the mom, "Hi," I smiled.

"Hi," she smiled and gave me a hug. "I'm Charlene, hopefully your soon to be mother. You look so beautiful," she gushed. "Thank You," I blushed.

"I'm Lucas, Charlene's husband and hopefully your father," he chuckled. "You, my dear, are a lot more beautiful than in the pictures."

"Thanks. You guys are so sweet!" I gushed, faking my ongoing happiness, in the inside I was thinking about Shawn.

Only Shawn.

"So, Madelyn.." Karen started. "I know it's not really nice to just move you on to some stranger family, as nice as you are, so why not have you ask a few questions?"

"Okay, I can do that. First question
, where do you guys live?" I asked.

"About 20 minutes away from here," Charlene answered.

"Okay, that's nice. Is there anyone else that lives with us if I come?" I asked. "Yes actually. You will have a brother, Jack, he's about your age maybe a few months older in the same grade. Matter of fact, he should be here any minute now, he's always running late," Lucas chuckled.

"Alright," I laughed. "Where will I be going to school?"

"Well you will actually be going to the same school as Jack which is SilverBell."

"Oh. I got there now," I stated.

"Well then, you won't be moving schools, I guess."

"Well guys, I honestly have no more questions so-"

I was cut off by a knock at the door. "I got it," Karen smiled. She got up and when she opened the door a boy with light brown hair and crazy blue eyes and a nice wide smile that could just demolish all human existence appeared. Picture in media)

"I'm Jack, sorry for being late," he waved.

A/N: Would you guys read a Johnson Fanfic? If not, which person would you want me to a fanfic on beside Shawn?

PLS HELP ME