01

*Shawn's POV* yay

I felt bad about what I did to Madelyn, the last 6 months of my life has been horrible. I've been acting like I didn't care a about her but I do. Today I hit her, she trusted me to not hurt her physically but I betrayed another thing that we had.

I'm a horrible person and I have to set things right again. I'll apologize to her, I still know her as well as I did when we were inseparable. I still know that when she's nervous she fiddles with her fingers and that when she's scared she bites her lip, I still know everything. I need to set things right, right now.

I walked out the front door of my house and walked next door, that's where she lives. I cleared my throat before knocking on the door. I soon heard foot steps walk down the creaking staircase.

The door slowly opened revealing the scrawny skinny body of a 17 year old girl. She looked up at me in shock struggling to get words out of her mouth.

"Uh, hey, can I come in?" I asked trying to make things easier. She watched me up and down, sighed, then stepped away causing the door to open wider.

"Thank you" I walked in. She shut the door and sat on the couch speechlessly.

"Why are you here?" She muttered.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry"

"That's all? Sorry? Sorry is nothing. We both know you don't mean it. Sorry is an understatement" she cried. "If 'sorry' is all that you freaking need to say get out of my freaking house, for the last 6 months I've been known as the girl who has been broken by Shawn Mendes and his so called friends, never speak to me ever again" she sobbed even harder with more tears streaming down her face one by one.

"Madi, really I'm sorry" I apologized.

"You have no idea what I have been through" she cried.

"Where's your mom? I haven't seen her in a while" I asked trying to change the topic.

"She's away at the moment, dead" she whispered the last part so I couldn't hear but I did.

"What?"

She looked up at me surprised that I heard her entire sentence, she sniffled and then continued, "This morning I found my mother dead, it was a suicide. She did it because of me and so did my father. Now I could possibly end up being an orphan with some family I don't know and I just can't, I hate this! I'm a screw up, I am horrible. Look, even my best friend left me, am I not good enough?" When she said that, I died inside.

"Look when I hit you it hurt me as much as it hurt you" I sobbed. She looked up at me continuing to cry and then her eyes widen just a bit, "I have nowhere to stay, I have no money, I'm broke" she panicked pacing back and forth. I grabbed her by the waist getting her to slow her breathing.

"You could stay with me" I offered. She thought for a bit then nodded her head, and then finally answered, "Fine." I could tell she didn't want this but what choice did she have?

•••

(A\N, SORRY ITS SO SHORT BUT I WILL MAKE SURE TO UPDATE AS MUCH  AS POSSIBLE, BUT SCHOOL STARTS TOMORROW, BUT I'LL TRY!)