08

The rest of the day was really nothing important, but we did watch movies later on in the night.

We watched the movie Cops.

We basically laughed at its stupidness the entire time.

"Madi?" Shawn asked.

"Yeah."

"Why'd you make up Blake?" He asked.

"U-Um, be-because I was nervous," I stuttered.

"Of what?" He asked. His minty breath bounced off of my skin causing many goosebumps.

"Shawn, I think I like you, but-"

"I like you too," he smiled, ear to ear.

"You're lying," I huffed and rolled my eyes.

"I'm not, I swear!"

"You have a funny way of showing it," I laughed sarcastically. "I feared you for so long because you betrayed me. You turned yourself into the little demons you called friends. You did things to me that I trusted you not to. I trusted you, do you not want my trust?" I asked, tears threatening to spill.

All he did was stare at the ground. "That's what I thought," I huffed and got up from the couch.

"Wait," he pleaded. I continued walking, I don't care what he has to say. I just don't care.

"Madi!" I walked faster up the staircase. I was almost to the top when I was gently pushed up against the wall. I stared at the figure who had me pinned against the wall.

"Leave me the heck alone, Shawn," I ordered.

"No, not until you listen to me," he said. My eyes met his and then he started rambling.

"Madi, I am madly in love with you," he said. Lies, that was the biggest lie I've ever heard. I'm not stupid.

"And I want to be with you and you have every right to be mad at me, but just hear me out. I was stupid, I was stupid for choosing those idiots over you. You are special and I'll never ever be able to meet someone like you. You're so fragile and sweet, you're just a teenage girl, you should have no reasons to have to cut yourself or be depressed," he sighed.

"I don't know why I did the things I did, I don't know why I hurt you, I don't know why I'm such a betraying jerk, but I know why I love you. When we were best friends I loved you as a friend which then grew into something intense, and I knew you couldn't feel the same. You never did anything to make me stop loving you, but I can understand why you don't love me. I am the biggest jerk face ever, okay? I am the biggest butthole to ever walk the earth because I lost the one thing that I truly loved. And how do i know I love you? You've always been that sweet, caring, best friend, and I could only imagine how it felt when I left you. When I am around you I get this tingling feeling signaling, 'You are the one.' I dream about you from dusk to dawn. All I wanna do is keep you safe, and I obviously suck at doing that. So I'm asking you, Madelyn Gwen Clark, would you please forgive me and give me another chance? I know I don't deserve it, but i am begging you, and if I mess up, it's over, I swear," he said.

I don't know what I should do. Forgive him? Yes, I'll forgive him. But second chances? Those never last long.

"I forgive you," I started. "But I don't know if I could give you as second chance, I mean you're cool and all but-" he cut me off by planting his lips on mine for a few seconds.

I never pulled away, I never pushed him away, I didn't even freeze. I kissed back.

"I hope that changes your mind," he said and walked to his room leaving me on the set of stairs, in the dark. I slid down the wall, just thinking.

Then I heard a door open above the staircase. It was Aaliyah.

She came and set next to me.

"Relationship goals," she smirked.

"You saw that?" I asked.

"Every second. If that was a movie I would watch."

"What do you think I should do?" I asked her.

"I think you should give him a second chance, he knows he was stupid and he loves you. He never stopped, for the past six months he came home, depressed and just sad. I'm not saying this because we share the same blood. I'm saying this because it's true. He really does love you and I'm too young to know what love is, but I could tell, he needs you," she explained.

"Thanks Aaliyah," I smiled and walked to my room. "Goodnight," I smiled before shutting my door.