04

Shawn got out of the car waiting for me to get out but i refuse to go. He opens the door carrying me to the front while I kick and scream.

"Leave me alone" i scream as the physicians strap me onto a gurney, reminding me of my mom when they took her body. Why are they doing this? I'm not mental, I don't think. I continued to scream until I felt weak. I turned to my left and saw a big long needle into my arm. Everything slowly blurred and the last thing I saw was a tear run down Shawn's face and a sentence that I couldn't quite make out. But I think he said, "I'm sorry that I have to do this." And then Boom. I'm out.

___________

I wake up in a hospital bed without being strapped down to it. I see Shawn right next to me with his head in his hands. I sit up breathing heavily until Shawn realizes I'm awake.

"Nurse!" called Shawn as he stood up and took my hand.

"What is going on, why am I still here?" I asked rubbing my head and squinting my eyes. Before Shawn could answer the door burst open revealing the nurse.

Umm Mr.." The nurse started as she looked down at her keyboard. "Mr. Mendes, in what relationship do you have with the patient?" She asked lazily. Shawn looked down at me and then back at the nurse, "Brother" he blurted.

"Okay please follow me" the nurse demanded ignoring my presence, just like a good nurse would do. (Note the sarcasm)

SHAWN'S POV

I exited Madelyn's assigned hospital room following the nurse a few steps from the room.

"Mr. Mendes, uh, Madelyn suffers from depression that has only been lasting for a few months now" she states making my heart drop. "Do you know what could've caused this depression?" She asked.

"No" I replied lying. "Okay, well, I will get her her drink and lunch, have a good day" she said walking away. I slumped down on a waiting chair outside of the room Madelyn was staying in. Why am I so stupid? I'll admit the prank I did on her a few months ago was the biggest mistake I've ever made but what do I do. It's one girl against 8 guys and she may be winning. I am one of the very reasons she suffers from depression, why she cuts herself, why she cries. I don't want to be that guy.

After I was done thinking the nurse came back with a cup of orange juice and a blueberry muffin for Madelyn.

"I'll take it for her" I offered taking the tray from the nurse. She thanked me and we walked our separate ways.

I walked into Madelyn's room while she seemed to be daydreaming about something not even noticing I was in there until I placed the tray in front of her speechlessly.

I sat down next to her in a chair and went on my phone. The boys have been talking about this app called "Vine." Never heard of it. I made an account and scrolled through a lot of popular vines. I followed the boys first thankfully their usernames are their full names. I watched some and hey were really funny. I saw how some people do singing vines and I thought of that as an idea to get started. At the corner of my eye I see Madelyn's hands reached up to me. I looked up at her to see her with the blueberry muffin in her hand.

"I don't want it" I lied.

"I don't want it either" she returned.

"Fine I'm taking it to save money" I said snatching it out of her hand. She laughed and so did I. I started hearing the song I've been working on, "Never be Alone" in my head but I ignored it. I have been playing the song a lot so maybe that's why it's in my head but that doesn't seem to be the case. I notice the humming is coming from Madi. Confused, I listen a lot closer. She is hitting every note. As confused as I am, I just furrow my eyebrows together contemplating what's going on. How in the heck does she know my song that I wrote, I never even performed it for anyone.

"Madi?" I say. I caught her attention obviously because her head snapped over to me and stopped humming.

"H-How do you know that song?" I asked. Her eyes widen a bit knowing she just exposed herself but she just comes clean, "I-I heard you playing it on the guitar and its catchy and beautiful. Your a great songwriter" she complimented. A smile grew on my face, "Well, I think you sang that song beautifully," she smiled big and blushed into a light shade of pink.

"Who did you write it for?" She asked curiously. I can't tell her I wrote it about her. More than likely she would just laugh, the song is called 'Never Be alone' and I left her not just stranded but suffering from major depression and self harm.

"Um, th-this girl I l-like" I lied, I really can't tell her. Her big smile faded a bit but it still remained, not as big as I want it to be.

"Oh" she says left with no other words.

"Yeah, she's cool" I lied again, there is no girl.

"What's her name?" She asked. Oh Geez.
__________
A/N: Sorry I haven't uploaded as much lately. School and Sports have been filling up my SCHEDULE!!