15

"Hi, I'm Madelyn, but you can call me Madi," I smiled at Jack.

"Hello Madelyn and hi mom, hi dad," he cheesed.

I went back to my seat and he found his. "So Madelyn it's nice to finally meet you, I've seen you around school many times before and I actually regret not speaking to you."

From what I know, Jack is a nice kid, he's not really involved in drama and I know he has good grades, which is good because he's not a douche. I nodded my head along as he talked about himself.

The rest of the meet-up was cool, I mean, it was just talking. I really liked them and I told them that.

Hopefully they can be my new family. There's just one question that I urged to ask, why me? They answered with how they just want a nice girl to accompany Jack. He's always been an only child and that it would be cool to have another.

By next week I should be out of here, I just need to sign a couple of papers and so do they.

When they left I went up stairs and I saw Shawn. I wanted to go behind him and scare him, but then I remembered the situation that i was in and I was instantly mad at him for it. My sweet smile quickly merged into a horrible frown accompanied my a deadly stare. I sat down next to him because that's where the charger to my phone was.

From the corner of my eye I could see him eye me down so I quickly turned to him.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

"Nothing, geez what crawled up your butt and died?" I rolled my eyes. He's not even going to apologize? Fine, I'm giving him the silent treatment. I'm giving him what he asked for.

After a good five minutes, he finally spoke up.

"Silent treatment, eh? Yeah, very mature, Madi," he smirked. Ooh, how bad I wanted to slap that devilish smirk right off of his stupid face.

"Ya know what-!" I stopped when I saw his hand raise to his face.

"Silence, remember?"

"Forget the silent treatment. You are getting on my nerves and I can't with you, sometimes! You are being so freaking dramatic, look at the bigger picture Shawn!" I tried to keep my voice low enough so that no one else can hear but high enough so he knows I'm serious.

"I know your life is not perfect, but it is better than the ordinary. Imagine having my life! I'm moving in with a family because my own didn't want me and now you don't want me either! Well Shawn, I don't need you, okay, I have Jack, he's gonna be my new brother anyways and he's gonna treat me like a brother should and my parents are going to treat me like parents should and I'm going feel happy for the first time in a long time. Okay, I don't need you!"

"Madi, don't say that. We both need each other, don't destroy what we have over something so stupid," he whispered.

"I can't! I can't, Shawn! Because I live the worst life ever, okay! My story is not nice and nobody on this earth wants to live it, but I would die to have a life like yours."

"I'm sorry," he mumbled. What? Did he just say that.

"What?"

"I said I'm sorry, I'm being stupid. I just don't want to loose you okay, and I'm scared that you'll like someone else and I've let you slip through my hands before, why would I let it happen again?"

"Because you're just stupid like that and it would take a fool to just forgive you instantly."

He stared at me in shock and disbelief. My words can't possibly do "that" to him.

"And I'm one of those fools," I chuckled. He smiled and engulfed me into a hug, "We are the most dysfunctional pair of friends ever."

"I know, but I love that."

•••

It's sucks, but I needed to post 😝