Friends

It's a short one again...WHAT ARE TEACHERS THINKING GIVING ME A POWERPOINT TO DO ON THE LAST WEEK OF TERM???? HUH????

SADRIEN ONESHOTS ARE MY LIFE. AND THEME SONGS OF ANIME. AND ANIME. DID I MENTION ANIME?

Chat twirls on his baton, doing a random skip-hop-step thing with his feet, too quick for Ladybug to figure it out.

She notices, with some alarm, that they are getting quite close to the bakery. Even from here, she could smell fresh bread baking in the oven.

Chat must notice as well, as he stops his dance-step-skip-hop-thingy and turns to face it, inhaling loudly with a contented smile on his lips.

She was about to direct them elsewhere, in fear of him deciding he wanted to visit her parents, and realizing that she isn't there. While the theory is far-fetched, Ladybug would not risk her identity, no matter how slim the chance was.

She was going to, but then Chat spoke.

"Do you know the girl that lives there, M'Lady?"

She tries to mask her shock in the fact that Chat Noir would question her about herself, Marinette self, the human-train-wreck self, and instead gives a small nod, offering no other information. Chat, unaffected, continued.

"She's a really good friend."

She immediately shuts down the unwanted thoughts that spring into her brain, but there's a little sliver of curiosity that won't go away, no matter how much she wants it to.

"Why? You know her?"

Chat, apparently oblivious to how the question could potentially give her some information on his civilian self, nodded.

"Yeah. I'm friends with her. She's amazing."

She fights down the blush that threatens to break her calm exterior. She was Ladybug right now, not Marinette. Ladybug shouldn't be reacting like this.

"Really? You have friends?"

Her tone is teasing, light. Of course Chat has friends. He's Chat Noir. She could almost picture him, the class clown, the troublemaker. The one who was friendly with everyone, who had no trouble making friends wherever he went. The one who was admired by his peers and hated by his teachers.

Chat doesn't take it that way. She sees his flinch, even though it disappears in a split second.

"So, you two are friends, huh?"

It is a terrible question, she knows. But she wants to change the subject. However, instead of the usual trademark smirk, his shoulders hunch, almost defensive, and she doesn't know what she did wrong.

"Well...if I'm honest, I don't know whether she sees me as one."

He turns to face her, then, a small smile slipping on to his features.

"You weren't really off the mark. I don't have a lot of friends. I have my best friend...but that's pretty much it. I treasure all the friendship I can get. So...even if she doesn't see me as a friend...she's still mine."

Ladybug blinks owlishly, everything she knows about Chat being re-evaluated. The she registers his words.

"What do you mean you only have one friend?" She exclaims indignantly.

It was his turn to blink at her.

"You have me! And of course Marinette is friends with you!"

His eyes take on a filmy shine, and she eradicates all thoughts of how they might be tears.

"Thanks, Ladybug."

She had heard those words many times since she had become a superheroine.

But she'd always remember this.

I have just realised something.

In the Christmas Special thing, we find out that Adrien's mum only disappeared last year, right?

THEN WHY DID HE ONLY GET A PEN FROM GABRIEL FOR THREE YEARS??? HUH???

I thought Gabe was cool when Mama Agreste was around.

I'm confused.

Also, I wanted to wait for the English Dub to come out here...

But I caved in and watched subtitles. I'm a despicable person.

BUT IT WAS SO GOOD AND OH MY GOD ADRIEN'S SAD FACE AND THOSE SONGS- I SWEAR OF I COULD UNDERSTAND FRENCH I WOULD HAVE DIED BUT EITHER WAY IM DYING SO THERE'S NO PROBLEM-

Bob: We apologise for the inconvenience, but the author will be unable to continue as she has fainted from severe fangirling.

;)