Birthday Presents Part 1

Chat was bored.

Hawkmoth had sent one of his akumatised victims again. And, as usual, Ladybug and Chat Noir had defeated it. In this particular battle, Chat hadn't used cataclysm. So he still had quite a while until Plagg asked (read-demanded) for his precious camembert.

I heard that, lover boy, Plagg grumbled in his head.

Well, it's true! Chat defended himself.

I never said it wasn't. And with that, Plagg melted into the shadows of Chat's mind, fantasising about Camembert.

Chat thought about what he could do. He supposed he could detransform back into Adrien, but he didn't want to. He loved being Chat, feeling the wind behind his ears, seeing all there was to see in Paris.

He loved being free.

And of course, the added bonus of seeing Ladybug.

But Ladybug had left, with two minutes until she would have detransformed.

So he couldn't talk to Ladybug, so what else could he do?

For some reason, his thoughts went to Marinette, the shy girl in his class. She never talked to him as Adrien (He couldn't think why, maybe she was intimidated? Or just generally didn't like him because of the bubblegum incident?) but when he was Chat Noir, she seemed like an interesting girl. She kinda reminded him of Ladybug. And while he was there, she could look at her designs. They were really good, and who knows? Maybe she would let him help her.

Chat had decided. He was going to visit Marinette.

Marinette had been peacefully working on her designs. She hadn't got much time for them ever since she became Ladybug, and she was relishing in the time she had now.

Or she was, until a naughty kitty decided to show up.

She heard the distinct tapping on her window. She looked up, and lo and behold, there stood Chat.

She glared at him like 'How dare you disturb my designing time!'

He gave her the kitty eyes.

Marinette was torn.

Not the kitty eyes, not the kitty eyes-

Marinette must listen to the eyes.

She opened her window.

And in jumped Chat Noir.

Who promptly grinned.

"Hello, Purr-incess."

Marinette rolled her eyes.

"Hello, Chat. What are you doing here?"

"I was bored, so I decided to visit my favourite princess."

Marinette ignored how her heart had sped up when he said those words, and instead rolled her eyes.

"Well, this princess doesn't have time for strays. Leave. Now."

He gave her the kitten eyes. No-one can resist Chat's kitten eyes.

Marinette groaned.

"Fine. You can stay. But don't disturb me."

Chat grinned.

While Marinette worked, Chat took the opportunity to look around her room. He had been here before, but it looked different now.

For one thing, everywhere Chat looked, there was stuff. It was quite messy.

The other thing was the photos of Adrien Agreste aka him on the wall.

Chat had no idea why they were there. She must be a fan. His father was a world-famous designer after all.

He was brought out of his thoughts by Marinette.

"Chat?"

"Yeah, princess?"

"Can-can you look at my designs? Not to bother you or anything, but I don't have anyone else to ask at the moment, and- "

"Princess, stop rambling. I would love to see your designs."

Marinette flushed. Wordlessly, she handed the designs over to Chat.

Chat looked at them His mouth formed and 'O' shape.

"They're terrible, aren't they?"

Finally, Chat looked up and stared into her blue eyes.

"Princess, they're beautiful. They're even better than my father's-" Chat covered his mouth.

Marinette couldn't help it.

"Your father's?"

Chat sighed.

"Promise you won't tell anyone, princess, k?"

Marinette promptly agreed. She had never seen this side of Chat before. He kinds reminded her of Adrien. Sad, lost in thought.

"My father is a world-famous fashion designer. I model his clothes."

"No way."

Chat smiled softly.

"Yes way. Which is how I know your designs are good. I practically live in fashion."

Marinette smiled at Chat.

"Thanks, kitty."

Chat smirked.

"Can I look at your other designs?"

Marinette lost her smile.

"No."

Cue kitten eyes.

Cue Marinette groaning.

"Fine."

She handed over her sketchbook.

Chat looked through her pages hungrily.

But then he stopped, his clawed hand pausing on a page. His face looked confused.

"Princess, what's this?"

He flipped the sketchbook around to show her.

It was Adrien's scarf. She had no idea why Chat was so surprised, but she didn't think it would hurt if she told him.

"That's a scarf I made for Adrien, one of my friends. It was his birthday. I gave it to Nathalie, his secretary. Somehow, he thought it was his father's gift. He looked so happy, I didn't want to ruin it for him."

Chat looked at Marinette and saw her in a different light. He saw her as someone who would do anything so long as her friends were happy.

She was amazing.

But pain quickly struck.

Wave after wave of it.
"I...I have to leave."

Marinette looked at Chat in concern. She could see his eyes filming over.

"Chat..."

But he had already left.

A/N: There might be more space between my updates. My mum's regulating my Wattpad time. Sorry!