Chapter 21

Once class was finished, Yang got out of her seat, picked up her books, and bolted out of the classroom. She began making her way to Blake's room. Yang was always excited to visit her partner, she was so glad to have her back. Ever since Blake had been rescued, the blonde had been acting like herself again. She stopped hiding herself away in her dorm and she was making jokes again. Her friends were glad that she was doing a lot better.

When Yang was nearing the room she noticed that something was wrong. There were people standing by the door with serious expressions on their face. Yang started to get worried, had something happened to Blake? She approached the people standing by the door and stared at them silently.

One of the guards spoke up, "Hello, Miss Xiao Long," he moved away from the door so she could get in, "last night Miss Belladonna was attacked, we believe it was by the woman who kidnapped her two months ago."

Yang's heart was pounding. "Sh-she is okay, right?" She asked in a quiet voice as she slowly reached for the handle on the door.

"The injuries weren't too severe, but she hasn't said anything all day," the man explained.

"Okay..." Yang bit her lip and opened the door, stepping inside the room. She walked over to where her partner was laying. "Hey, Blakey," she said in a soft voice as she sat down in the chair that was next to the bed. She studied her and noticed the burns on Blake's neck, causing her to frown. It angered her that the woman had managed to break into their school and hurt her teammate without getting caught.

Blake looked over at Yang, tears in her eyes. "Why didn't anyone tell me?" She asked in a quiet voice, "I deserved to know what happened to me..."

"Blake... I-I'm sorry... We were all under strict orders from Ozpin to not say anything. I wanted to tell you, I didn't want to lie, but if I said anything I wouldn't have been able to visit you..." she explained in a quiet voice as she looked down at the ground.

"You trust me, right? You know I'm not with the enemy, right?" Blake had a pleading look in her eyes as she asked those questions, tears were filling her eyes.

"Of course, kitty cat," Yang said soothingly, "I know you would never try to hurt us. I don't care if nobody else trusts you, I do. I always have and always will." She kissed Blake's forehead gently.

"Thank you, Yang..." she said as she hugged Yang and started crying.

"Shhh... it's okay... it's okay," Yang said in a soft voice as she stroked her partner's hair. "I'm here for you..."

Blake moved over and made room for Yang on the bed, instantly Yang climbed on. She wrapped her arms around her partner's waist and pulled her close. "I love you, kitty cat."

_

"I love you too, Yang..." Blake said through the tears. She stayed close to Yang, feeling safe. Having Yang hold her and kiss her brought her a sense of security that the visit from the woman the night before lacked. She still didn't know all the details and what had happened to her two months ago, she just knew that someone had kidnapped her. She started to wonder if that woman was the one who did it...