Chapter 16

"B-Blake!" Yang grabbed her partner's hand and held it tightly, "oh my god... oh my god..." She gazed into the cat faunus' eyes as tears began flowing from her eyes. She couldn't believe that Blake was awake, it seemed like forever since she last saw her. "I-I thought I lost you," the blonde said with a sob.

_

Blake stared at her partner with a confused look on her face. Lost her? What did she mean by that? She couldn't remember what had happened or why her entire body hurt. She squeezed Yang's hand, trying to comfort the girl. Whatever happened must have been terrible if it had scared Yang this much. The dark haired girl struggled slightly to breathe and she felt very tired, she was trying really hard to stay awake. Silently, Blake studied the blonde's face, the bags under her eyes made it obvious that she hadn't been sleeping much.

"How do you feel...?" the blonde asked, breaking the silence that had lasted for a few minutes. She had a concerned look on her face. Blake frowned, she didn't like seeing Yang so worried.

"Okay..." Blake answered the girl's question in a quiet voice.

"I'm so glad to have you back... I never thought I'd see you again..." Yang said as she started crying again, a pained expression was on her face.

The dark haired girl frowned. She didn't want to hurt her partner, her best friend... Tears filled her eyes as she watched her partner cry, unable to cheer her up. "Y-Yang..."

The blonde looked up when she heard her name. "What is it?" She asked quickly.

"I-" she coughed and placed her hand on the girl's face. "I love you..."

_

The blonde's eyes widened, did she hear her correctly? "Blake I-" she began only to be cut off by Blake's hand dropping and the heart monitor flatlining. "Blake? BLAKE!"

Doctors rushed in and pulled Yang away from her partner. She watched them with a horrified expression and backed into the wall. Her partner was gone...