~ 26 ~

{Edited}
.
.
.
L O U I S :

                     I unlock the front door to my house before pushing the door open and walking in with Harry holding onto my hand tightly.

"Merry Christmas, mom!" I call in hope for an answer but the house is silent.

"Mom?!" I call again looking at Harry. He just shrugs.

We make our way through the house to my mom's room to see if she's there.
I open the door and nearly scream at the sight.

Tears fill my eyes and for the first time in forever I'm crying. Full on crying my eyes out. My heart aches in my chest and my stomach drops as I stare at my mother, who's laying stiffly on the floor, skin pale.

"Lou," Harry gasps.

I run up to her body, shaking it to get some kind if reaction from her. She can't be dead.

She can't be dead.

She can't.

"Harry! Call an ambulance!"

I notice she has a cut on her cheek and her head, a dark purple, blue and red colour surrounding them as it oozes blood. But the blood is dry indicating she's been here for quite a while, along with how pale and cold her skin is.

"Mom," I shake her, pulling her up to my chest, "Mom, please answer me." I'm choking on sobs and my chest feels empty and I can't breath. "Mommy, please."

"The ambulance is on its way," Harry comes running back into the room. I didn't even notice he left.

"Does she have a pulse?" He puts his fingers  onto her neck to feel for a pulse.

He stays silent when he pulls his fingers away after a few moments of keeping it pressed to her almost blue skin. I look at him, silently asking if she's got a pulse.

Silently hoping. Praying.

He shakes his head, a tear slipping down his cheek just as the ambulance arrives. But i don't wanna let her go!

I grip onto her for dear life and pray that she's okay. Praying that she's alive and that she isn't leaving me.

"Please don't leave me, mom! I love you!" I scream as they pull me away from her body, "please, sir, step away from the body," the woman says with a bored expression on her face before putting my mom onto a stretcher and into the ambulance.

Harry and I jump into the car as they speed away. Harry sits still in the car and doesn't start it.

"Harry! Hurry up! We need to go after them," I sob, my face burning from the tears and my eyes stinging too.

Harry wraps his arms around me but I try to fight him off.

We need to follow them.

"Shh," he soothes. I hear him stiff as he cries with me.

"Harry-" my voice cracks. Harry rubs my back trying to calm me down and melt into hit touch, rocking me in his hold.  My entire body shakes and I'm hiccuping uncontrollably.
"She can't be dead. No. I was with her the other day. No. No no no no nonono."

"Lou, Louis, baby, babe, calm down please. Breath, Lou, breath. Please just breath."

. . .

I break down. My eyes sting from the warm tears that never seem to end and my entire body trembles in fear.

The doctors had just informed me a few minutes ago that "they tried their best" and that my mother had past away from a heart attach.

Me being me didn't believe it because she was an extremely healthy woman and her getting a heart attach would the last thing I'd expect if she were to pass.

She wouldn't have died if it wasn't for the massive blow she took to her head when she probably fell and slammed her head against one of the draws of the cupboard where I found her. She was also laying there for at least three days.

"She can't be gone, Harry, she can't be gone," I sob against his chest as he hold me tightly, trying to calm me down.

"It's okay, Lou," he rubs my back and sniffs softly.

"But it's not though," I hiccup and try to calm myself down but my body feels numb and its like I can't control a single muscle inside it.

"She's in a better place now, love."

"I-i... why did she have to leave me now? I needed her... I still need her," my crying continues and Harry's shirt is soaked in tears as it sticks to my cheek. An extremely uncomfortable feeling and it irritates my skin but I'm to weak to do anything about it.

"Shh, breath, babe, breath."

I try breathing but end up choking on a sob and burst into tears again.

"Everything will be fine, angle, don't worry."

I know he's crying too and he knows it won't be okay. He knows it won't be okay. I can't live without her. I can't live without my mother. I just can't.

 "Mom, if you can hear me... I love you... so much," I whisper, shutting my eyes closed, hoping that when I wake up this is all just a dream... a really bad dream.

"She loves you too, baby."

"Probably not anymore. This is all my fault," I rip myself out of Harry's arms, pressing my palms against my eyes. "If I were at home with her this would never have happened."

"Louis, this isn't your fault, love. There wouldn't be anything you could do to stop her heart attach."

This is by far the shittiest Christmas ever.

. . .

:( ... is all I can say.

I really hope Louis and his family is okay. And may Jay RIP.

By the time this gets posted it will be long past her passing but she will always be in our hearts.

Love you <333