Chapter 26: How Peaceful...

😿

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbw7g1v9pP1r3cvt8o9_r1_250.gif.

FLASHBACK DREAM

"She's late again(!)" I sang in a taunting tone while aunt Jenna just rolled her eyes in response.

"Just because you choose to wake up when the sun rises, doesn't mean your sister's lazy" she sipped some of her coffee.

"I know, it's still funny to tease her over it though" I aimed my camera slightly as I heard footsteps move down the stairs, and she's finally awake!

"Seriously, Kat(?)" she playfully glared at me as the shutter clicked and a bright light hit her.

"Yes, I thought it would wake you up more, I'm just trying to help" I grinned and laughed slightly at the pictures of her scowling in her adorable cheer uniform.

"Why aren't you dressed?" she frowned at me.

"Why dress as a cheerleader when I can't even cheer" I motioned to my foot, neatly wrapped in a cast.

"But Carolin--" I cut her off.

"Will be fine as long as I bribe her with a shopping trip" I smirked and Elena rolled her eyes. "She's too easy to distract and you know it."

"How longs left anyway?" she leaned over the counter slightly to get a better look at the vandalized cast, that was a fun day at the grill.

"One whole week, I'm counting down the seconds" I spoke in a dreamy tone while 'Lena and Jenna laughed as 'Lena reached for some coffee, Jenna snatched it back.

"Hey. You'll get me in trouble with your--" Jenna was cut off by the warden herself.

"Morning" she always has that walk, no matter the situation or time of day she looks so put together. That's a trait I hope to take from my mom.

"Morning, mom" Elena and I chorused by accident, sending a slight grin to each other after doing so. She gave Elena a kiss on the cheek before moving beside me, pulling me into a side hug I received a kiss on the cheek also before she went about the daily routine of breakfast.

Same old routine, nothing ever changes...I wouldn't have it any other way...

END FLASHBACK DREAM

I forced my eyes open when an annoying beeping decided not to quit it, a little shocked to see myself in a hospital room. Wasn't I just in the kitchen? Having breakfast with Jenna, Elena...my Mom? Wasn't I just complaining about my cast and taking silly photos because that was my only hobby?...No. That was a while ago...The last thing I was doing was painting that, room. In that, house. Where all of those, people just--...--aren't, anymore...

-TIME SKIP-

"Couch" Care ordered as Matt opened the front door.

"Guys you don't have to do this. I'm fine, I have doctor clearance" Elena and Care gave me a look, a look that meant my death if I didn't allow them to take care of me. "I just--I want something to eat first," I thought up.

"We're on it. As soon as we make sure no one's lurking in the closets" I sighed at Ty's words, annoyed I have a bunch of Mother hen's fluffing around me.