Chapter 5: Just Let Me Hear Your Voice

😼

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/26800000/Gif-katherine-pierce-26891943-400-160.gif.

I sighed and closed another of Stefan's journals, thankful to be up to date with his life. All that's left to read is him meeting Elena and onwards, a love story based on my own twin. "Kat?" Elena's voice interrupted my inner teasing of her and Stefan.

"Hey Elena" I sat up from my bed "Anything you need?"

"Just came to tell you I'm going over to the boarding house" I frowned. "Liz got me another location, I'm probably just gonna get turned down but it's worth a shot. Right?" she checked.

"Right" I nodded with a small smile.

Her eyes wandered slightly, "Are you still reading them? That's been your summer" she frowned at the newest journal in my hand.

"I can't seem to put them down, their great reading material" I wagged my eyebrows and stood, moving to place it on the pile of three by my bed.

"There his deepest thoughts, Kat. Why are you okay with reading them?" she frowned.

"It's something to do" I admitted with a shrug. "Plus, wouldn't you rather this than me constantly going to the cliffside?"

"I guess so" she muttered.

"Then don't complain. If Steffie doesn't like it when he get's back, he can tell me himself" I rested my hands on my hips.

"Fine" she gave up.

"Anything else you needed?" I raised a brow.

"Care wants you at the boarding house in an hour, we're decorating for tonight" I rolled my eyes at her words.

"Of course we are(!)" I moved towards my bathroom.

"Kat?" I stopped in my tracks and looked at her. "Happy Birthday."

"Happy Birthday to you too sis" we shared a smile before I walked to take a shower.

-TIME SKIP-

"Each and every time Elena looks more miserable when he brushes the subject off" I complained to Ty and Care, Elena was in the other room and thankfully couldn't hear me.

"Maybe he doesn't want to find him" Ty spoke up.

"Tyler!" Care scolded.

"What?" he brought a few items to our table.

"The only reason Stefan left with Klaus was so that he could save Damon's life. And no matter how much of a d!*k he can be about it, Damon wants Stefan home more than anyone" I denied.

"Ever since Stefan left, you've acted the most heartbroken about it" Ty pointed out "You're always in his room, reading his little journals, and writing letters to him" I frowned at what he was trying to say. "Damon likes you, doesn't he? Maybe he see's Stefan as competition?"

"That's impossible, I'd never be with Stefan" I straight out promised. "And Damon would never see Stefan as competition, especially when there's nothing to compete for."

"But you kissed him, slept with him. Probably screwed with his head" my head shot up from the napkin's when Ty said that.

"TYLER!" Care stopped him. I raised a brow at her. "I'm sorry."

"At least you kept it a secret(!) I completely forgot werewolf boyfriends were the exception(!)" I deadpanned.

"Kat--" I cut her off.