Chapter 25: If I Die, You Die?

😾

http://33.media.tumblr.com/7d6c323846c80e8caa596a6a1139d83d/tumblr_inline_mqgwq5M3oR1qz4rgp.gif.

"Let me guess, you got the 'one day without vampires' speech from Jer?" I raised a brow at Stefan when I moved out of Jer and Elena's shared bathroom, about to ruin my cleanliness through painting.

"How did you know?" he tilted his head in slight suspicion.

"Don't say anything" I moved slightly closer to him, "But Jeremy talks aloud to himself a lot if he thinks your listening to music on headphones" I stood straight again as Steffie chuckled.

"How are you doing?" he asked a question I knew was knawing at him.

"I'm miserable" I chuckled slightly at his serious face, "I'm fine, you don't have to worry" he narrowed his eyes slightly as I rolled my own. "Listen, Stefan, we really need to talk--" I was cut off by the doorbell dinging as my phone started ringing..."Do you mind getting the door while I take this?" I pleaded slightly and he nodded.

I rolled my eyes at the annoying disturbance before walking to my room and closing the door behind me, hoping it was one of Katherine's surprise calls. Eagerly pulling the phone from my pocket my breath became stuck in my throat, I noticed my hand shaking ever so subtly as I hesitantly slid the green phone across the screen and moved the mobile to my ear.

PHONE CONVERSATION

K- Whoever this is, it's not funny. (My Tone Took On A Cold Form As I Spoke)

A- Who else would it be? (My Eyes Stung With The Voice)

K- Ric? (My Wall Cracked Slightly)

A- Listen closely. I'm at the school. I have Caroline. And if you want to keep her alive, I need you to get into your car and come down here right away. If you tell anyone where you are going, I will kill her. (His Tone Threatened As Click Signaled He'd Hung Up)

END PHONE CONVERSATION

Without thinking twice about my own safety, I rushed to grab my keys from the dressing table and headed for the window. Feeling I'll be more successful with my get-away if I was at least a little sneaky about it.

-TIME SKIP-

"Well, this isn't creepy" I muttered as I crept my way around the school hallways, both thankful and worried when I heard Care's cries of pain exiting Ric's classroom. I hurried inside, holding back the shock at seeing the state he left her in as he stared calmly at me. "Let her go, D**k-Ric. I'm here now, you can stop this."

"Free her yourself" he motioned.

"As much as I wish to do that, I know your not being genuine" I walked next to Care gently stroking her head and leaning down, "You are not dying today" I promised in a dark tone, she nodded in pain before I straightened.

"Smart. But there's still one thing that you refuse to listen to" he stood and stalked towards me.

"And that is?" I moved behind my blonde friend and placed my hands on her shoulders, praying it was a comfort.

"Stop trusting vampires!" he growled, hurrying his journey by appearing in front of me. "And now your here" he smirked before taking a few steps back, pulling his phone from his pocket and dialing a number I did not know--"Stefan..." my eyes widened, "I have Kat and Caroline at the school, I suggest you convince Klaus to hand himself over to me, save me the task of tracking him, or I will kill them. You have until sundown" he beeped his goodbye before walking in front of Caroline and removing the rag from her mouth.