Chapter 6: We're In Werewolf Territory On A Full Moon? How Smart(!)

😼

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/sunnystuff/The%20Vampire%20Diaries/gifs/S05/508/ep-post/KatMoon2.gif.

"So your big plan is to get us killed?" I raised a brow at my twins determined expression.

"No. I plan to go for a hike through the smoky mountains in Tennesee, with Ric as my tour guide. You're not part of I--" I cut her off.

"Elena, the only reason you told me is so I'd tag along. You knew I would join with or without your permission, and you knew you didn't have to tell me in the first place, you could have just left. Question is, why do you want me to come?" I frowned.

"...You've really missed Stefan while he's been gone, I don't know what happened at the cliffside between you--I didn't even know you guys had gotten so close since you got back into town. But, It's only fair I keep you updated and offer for you tag along, especially in case we find him" Elena explained with a sigh.

"Then you're wish is granted. One last question, though..." I trailed off and she looked at me expectantly. "Is it gonna be so hot that I'll need to tie my hair up--I did just curl it?" she rolled her eyes and threw a pillow at me as I backed out of her bedroom door, laughing as I caught it.

-TIME SKIP-

"In a couple hours, the full moon's gonna rise just above that ridge" Ric pointed out into the flourishing forest. "If Tyler's right, that's where the pack'll be."

"You were a boy scout, weren't you?" I teased the recovering alcoholic.

"Shut up" he threw back, keeping his line of vision straight ahead.

"A boy scout, slash vampire slayer" Elena joined in with my teasing.

"Slash whiskey-drinking all-around lost cause" Ric gave in while setting his backpack on the ground, I heard him rooting through it as I looked at the river.

"Wow. You came stocked" I heard Elena say as I frowned at my shoes, I can't believe I let her convince me to borrow her converse. At least they go with the outfit, and my hair's still out.

"Well, we aren't exactly bird-watching. Here" I turned back as he handed her a liquid filled grenade. "Put that in your bag" he instructed.

"Vervain grenade?" she frowned as I moved around them and took a seat on a rock next to Ric's backpack.

"Wolfsbane" Ric answered, standing and taking a drink from his water bottle.

"Well, since we're exchanging gifts..." I remembered as Ric looked at me, easily pulling John's ring from my pocket and holding it out to him. "Finally found it since the funeral."

"That's John Gilbert's ring" he stated the obvious.

"Was" I reminded. "Take it. It'll protect you from whatever supernatural danger we're about to get ourselves into."

"He gave it to you" he denied.

"For my future kids, I know. You can have it on loan until I get pregnant" I pushed.

"What about you and Elena" he tried again.

"I'm a doppelganger, sadly that's supernatural. Elena's one too, even if her blood is not sacrificable" I shrugged "Just take the damn ring Ric, I'd hate myself if you died on our watch before happy hour(!)" he chuckled as I smiled before finally taking the ring from my grip, I let my arm drop to my side in relief, it was starting to cramp with the way I was holding it up.