Chapter 8: I Can Do Far Better Than A CRAPPY SUBSTITUTE!

😾

http://data.whicdn.com/images/43694843/large.gif.

"I just don't know why you want to bring Chili to a potluck. Everybody brings Chili--" I cut Damon off.

"I agree, especially when you don't even like it. Exhibit A: I'm taste testing it so you don't have to" I finished the sentence with another mouthful "Add more of that" I pointed to a random spice and Elena tipped some in.

"Hey, Ric" Damon greeted while standing next to my position next to Elena.

"What's up?" Ric walked in.

"What time do you want to go to the Lockwood party?" Elena distracted.

"Ah. Those Founders parties aren't really my thing" Ric tried to back out of it.

"Tough. She's forcing me there, which automatically means you have to go" he seemed hesitant. "Go or I'll hide your Tuesday drinks for a month, even when you buy new ones" I threatened.

"Show up, there's going to be nine other people that brought Chili" Damon rehashed his earlier argument.

"It's an old family recipe, ok?" Elena tried to shut him up.

"Yeah! I know. I knew your old family. They made sucky Chili" Damon took the butcher knife from my grip. I raised a brow at him and he smirked while nudging me slightly, I nudged back with a confused smile. What the heck is he doing?

"Why are you here, exactly?" Ric cut in.

"She knows" Damon and I synced while nodding to Elena.

"They think I'm going to break. I'm not going to break. I am just going to keep making Chili, pretend like I didn't just spend the entire summer looking for someone who didn't want to be found" Elena threw spices in the Chili pot more aggressively.

"She's in denial" Damon commented.

"I'm not in denial" Elena groaned through clenched teeth.

"No? You're still wearing this necklace. Isn't this the reminder of your unbreakable bond with Stefan?" Damon reached over me and pointed to her necklace, I slapped his hand away.

"So what? Your saying you have nothing to remember being with Katherine?" I asked him.

"Maybe, but the memories she's clutching too are never going to matter again" he tried to kill the mood.

"Some things could matter again, Damon, and you know it. So shush and leave Elena to her denial" I placed a hand on my hip as Damon and I became caught in an intense stare off.

"It's not denial, Kat!" Elena distracted me.

"And I look good in plaid, Elena(!)" I gave her a look before moving into the living room.

-TIME SKIP-

"Kat! Get the door!" Elena demanded from her position in the kitchen.

"Fine!" I grumbled and moved towards the door as the doorbell rang again, opening up I saw Caroline.

"I come bearing gifts" she cheered while holding a saran wrapped bowl.

"Please say that's not Chili" I laughed slightly, thinking about the big pot Elena was desperate to bring flavor to. She stepped inside slightly as Bonnie jumped into her place "Bonnie!"