Chapter 23: Well, I Didn't Need To See That...

😾

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RaqnjGdus6c/UmNARO18kVI/AAAAAAAAAkM/Syjy4JJw-TU/s1600/4.gif.

"What are you looking at?" I frowned as Stefan and Damon's heads turned in my direction when I walked in. "You know what, it doesn't matter. Where's Elena?"

"Giving Ric a few essentials" Damon shrugged the response, "Have you ever flown first class?"

"Who did you have to compel for that?" I frowned.

"Please. I used miles" he scoffed.

"I'll wait in the car then" I smile at the two.

"Be safe" Stefan called out.

"I'll try" I called back.

-TIME SKIP-

"There he is" Elena pointed as we walked past many occupied batting cages.

"Next time we compel him, remind me to make him better at baseball" Damon commented as he missed a ball.

"Jeremy!" I cheered while stepping further from the pair.

He turned with a shocked expression, "Kat? Elena?" his eyes found Damon--"What's wrong?"

"You don't call home as much as you should" I reasoned.

"Seriously?" he raised a brow.

"We need to talk Jer" Elena's words pulled him out of the cage.

"Bloodline problems, we need to know who started mine, Stefan, and Blondies. Katherine sired us, Rose sired Katherine, all we need to do is find out who sired Rose who happens to be no longer with us" Damon explained as Jer put his bat on a holder.

"So you traveled across the country to get me to talk to a dead vampire?" he frowned.

"Dead vampire's, redundant but yes" Damon answered.

"Well, I can't. I could talk to Anna and Vickie because I knew them. I've never even met Rose" he put his helmet into a pigeon hole.

"What good is you dying and coming back to life if you can't talk to a ghost when I need you to?" Damon complained.

I nudged him roughly in the ribs before speaking, he flinched. "She and Damon were f**k buddies, he's here so you can use him as a connection."

"Fine, fine" he sighed. "Can we do this later? My friend just got here. And yes, Damon, I actually have some. I'll call you when I'm done" I turned when hearing Jer's news, a ready smile dropped within seconds of seeing Kol nearing up.

"Damon it's Kol!" I warned before he hit Damon with a baseball bat, successfully sending him to his knees.

"What The Hell Are You Doing?!" Jer exclaimed.

"Jeremy, get back, he's an original!" Elena warned.

"What?" Jer frowned.

"No hard feelings, mate, but we're not buds" was all Kol said as he moved to get another bat. "You know, I'll never get used to Aluminum. But, hey, at least it won't break" Kol spoke in a chipper tone before moving to hit Damon again, instead, Damon stabbed him in the heart with the snapped wood of Kol's previous bat. The original grunted before falling face first and graying.

"Did you kill him?" Jer took a step closer to the body.

"No, but it'll give us a head start. Come on. Come on" Damon hurried us to the car.