Chapter 21: It's MY Fault!

🙀

http://38.media.tumblr.com/59811f65c39eb657a9a8e33d189d6f82/tumblr_inline_mqgyshakyX1qz4rgp.gif.

PHONE CONVERSATION

E- Did you find it?

K- Yes, and no one was in so you could have easily done it.

E- And risk running into-- (She Cut Herself Off)

K- I won't come over if you still can't handle it, Elena. I'm perfectly content with probing Matty over the details of whatever happens if I make you uncomfortable.

E- No, i-its fine, really. But, uh, I mainly called to say I'm with Matt at the grill, I was gonna stay with him until he got off so if you go home then you can just drop the book off and meet us here?

K- I'd love to. (My Lips Twitched)

E- ...Great, bye.

END PHONE CONVERSATION

I couldn't help but smile as she hung up, at least we're making progress...I slipped my phone back into my pocket and moved towards the boarding house exit, only stopped by movement in the corner of my eye. "Hi," I greeted quietly when I saw Stefan.

"Hey," he put his glass down, still holding a blood bag.

"I'm sorry" I just interrupted your meal, "I was told that no one would be home, otherwise I would have..." I looked at the blood bag for a moment then back at him.

"I just got home" he put me out of my misery of finding a way to finish that sentence.

"I just came by to pick up this book that you found, on my ancestor Samantha" I reasoned my sudden appearance as he moved away from the table slightly.

"That's fine" he flashed a quick smile.

"Uh--how are you doing? I heard you were--" he cut me off.

"Yeah, I'm, uh--I'm ok. Did you get everything you need?" he moved to his previous position.

"Yeah" I nodded..."--Well, if there's anything I can do to help..." I trailed off before turning to leave again.

"You don't have to read that, you know" his voice stopped me, I turned back again. "I can just tell you what happened."

"That would be easier than asking Elena" I agreed.

"Samantha Gilbert was committed to an insane asylum. She tried to give herself a lobotomy with a, uh, knitting needle. And bled to death on the floor of her cell. If the same thing is happening to Alaric, then there's--...there's nothing you can do" well that's miserable.

"So, he's dead no matter what?" I asked the room, "Ok, well--" I coughed slightly, "I'm gonna let you get back to, um, your snack" I motioned to the blood bag and turned again, this time leaving was successful.

-TIME SKIP-

"Come on, Care. Pick up" I muttered while pacing my bedroom.

PHONE CONVERSATION

C- Hey, what's going on?

K- Bonnie's not returning any of my calls.

C- Sorry. She's still mad. And, seriously, Abby's transition has been a little rough, so she's got a lot on her mind.