Chapter 13: Backstabbing B!**h

🙀

http://38.media.tumblr.com/ab1251b14673883989ba0f3a5449bfc6/tumblr_inline_ng89rfrBXV1rxkpvw.gif.

"All right, we'll say that Mikael followed Kat in here. He tried to grab her so he could use her as bait" Stefan explained as I trailed after him with a bored expression.

"And you, what, vervained him?" I questioned.

"No, we vervained him. The guy's an original. Make it realistic" Damon chipped in.

"Ok. Fine. We vervained him" Stefan caved. "And in the process discovered that he had a dagger" Stefan re-ran through.

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah. But instead--" I was cut off.

"We drove it through his heart" Stefan finished.

"And what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?" I pointed out.

"Good point. You, my brother, have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So if the idea is to lure him back here and kill him, the last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue tied" Damon taunted.

"Well don't look at me. I'm just in charge of getting him back here" Stefan smirked.

"Klaus is smart" even if it kills me to admit it. "If we tell him that Mikael's dead, he'll want proof."

"Then I shall be dead" a new voice disturbed us, we all looked over at Mikael as he entered the library.

"What if he wants to see you in person?" I questioned while nearing him, Stefan by my side as Mikael set out a dagger and bottle filled with ash.

"Well, it means our plan is working. Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here, and I will kill him" Mikael stated confidently.

"With what? Those daggers won't work on him" Stefan reminded the room.

"Well, I'm in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree. The one that left these ashes when it burned" Mikael lifted the bottle filled with grayish dust and removed it's lid as he spoke.

"Where is it?" Damon spoke up from the background.

"Not here" he's lying. He has it on him, pretty easy to guess by the way his lip twitched ever so slightly. "Knowing its location is my insurance policy" his words faded around his task of dipping the dagger into the ash.

"Against what?" Stefan questioned.

"You leaving this in my heart" he made the dagger twirl in his grip as he spoke "You see, a vampire can't dagger an original without dying. So...it falls to you" he held it out to me.

I gripped the handle tightly, slipping it from his fingertips with a smirk "It would be my pleasure."

"Why the need to actually dagger you?" Damon piped up.

"Klaus will leave nothing to chance. Especially when it comes to trust" was all he needed to say to gain a nod from each Salvatore.

-TIME SKIP-

I easily jammed the sharp metal into his heart, not caring as his skin grayed and he fell to the floor below me. Elena gasped slightly, but I trapped the annoyance I still felt over her sudden appearance thanks to Damon telling her of the plan. Seriously?! Since when are they so close?