Chapter 27 - Cessation

Demi Lovato's Heart By Heart - click play when the oldies leave our two lovebirds :)

I'm so super amazed by the 700 reads and 40 votes. Thank you so very much all of you, and please don't hesitate to comment, vote, share and follow anytime. A new twist to an awesome new year!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

       “So you’ve mastered the art of speech, Princess,” Eduardo complimented, his green eyes sparkling with pride. At the sound of voice, I ran towards him into a loving bear hug. I had missed him terribly, my foster father. He laughed in return, the gentle rumbling letting me forget reality. For a second, I was the little Rosalinda, carefree and happy to take on the world, the girl he raised to be. “Hello, Mr. E,” I whispered. “You’ve did well, much better than I have taught you to be,” he released me.

       It was nine, and finally we were free from guests and the tantalizing stares. Although everyone was apparently ‘appalled’ at my abilities as a speaker, the crowd did not take the news lightly. Seibara and Conrad were then confronted by the whole lot of them, some congratulations and more introductions in order. Even worse, I barely could see the figure of Délio Tardyl with the group of ladies giving him their warm felicitations. Thankfully, they were all well acquainted with the ways of the noble bloods, Seibara back in his former glory, having taught his foster son a lot in the ways of court. He was gone, busy talking with Terrea. Father and daughter had stared each other down for minutes, before embracing into a tight spin.

        “So… what’s wrong with Daniel and you?” Eduardo asked carefully, his eyebrows arching questioningly. “That… Well… He feels worthless every single time he’s around me, and he believes he should have taken Rico’s place,” I murmured hesitantly. The old man sighed loudly, before snapping his head at the sight of his son’s blonde hair. As if in response, Dan looked up, catching the eyes of his father. Confrontation time.

       “What is this about your life being worthless and Rico being more valuable than you?” Eduardo asked gruffly. At the sight of his father, his cold exterior cracked. “It’s true –“ he was stopped by a flick of a finger on his forehead. “Ouch, Dad, that hurts,” he winced, and I couldn’t help but stifle a giggle at the red mark now clearly visible. “Don’t you ever dare say that again,” his eyes were slits, words fierce. “I –“ “Stop this stupidity now,” he interrupted. At that, stranger Dan returned. “That is besides the point. I will still stick to my word that I disagree with Rosa joining the battle, whether it is tomorrow or next month. If you guys will excuse me, I need to talk to Wendell about business.” Without another word, he turned around, the dark atmosphere surrounding us. I know hearing about my state in Dedraun must have not been easy, but… “Looks like your hot-headedness has even infected my son,” Eduardo sighed loudly, giving me a reassuring pat, “Don’t worry, he’ll come to his senses soon enough.”

       “Creyd,” a voice called out from behind. We both turned to see Seibara with Conrad’s upright figure following closely behind. I had forgotten how Dan took his mother’s maiden name instead. Eduardo’s face brightened up, taking the old man’s hands with a wide grin. “Been a while, Head.” Both men guffawed loudly, both Conrad and I confused at the source of their humor. “Indeed. The next thing I know, you’re off training a mighty Princess. Anyways, meet Arnollde’s son, Conrad.” Seeing our eyes, Eduardo winked slyly at me. “You’re embarrassing, Mr. E,” I whined, trying to cover the red flush coming to my cheeks. “Anyway, we’ll leave you two here. Come, let’s catch up,” with arms slung behind their backs, they left, calling out at the servants for more drinks.