Vampire's Hostage ~ Chapter 4

Four

Dreams have only one owner at a time. That's why dreamers are lonely.
Erma Bombeck

“Do you think you could do something for me?” I asked quietly.

“Anything.” Jace replied.

“Tell me, are the others getting fed?”

“Define fed?”

“Taking in the proper vitamins and nutrients to stay alive, even if a horde of vampires is sucking out their life force every day.”

“By ‘the others’ I assume you mean humans?” he asked.

“Yes.”

“Then no.” He said, “The others are not getting fed; accept for the two whom you provided small amounts of cereal for.”

I swallowed as I processed that. Even I had the hollow gnawing feeling in my stomach, and I’d been living off of a steady supply of dry cereal and warm juice. The others must be absolutely starved.

“Can you get them something to eat then? It's not really fair to starve them.”

“They fight less if you feed them less. Scientific fact, but I’ll see what I can do.”

“Also, I kind of have to go to the bathroom. Like really bad. And since we’ve been in here for about four days, I'm guessing I'm not the only one.” I’d been trying not to think about it but it was inevitable. I had to pee.

“You have the central unit, so you don’t have one, but most of the cells have a chute.” He said.

My voice portrayed my emotions; sick and disgusted. “That is absolutely barbaric.”

“Not my problem.” 

“Well what about me?” I asked. “I don’t have a chute.”

“Well, your mine right, and I’m the prince, so I can pretty much do what I want so long as it's under my father’s jurisdiction. That means you can too, so long as it’s under my jurisdiction.”

“So what you’re saying is, I can go outside?”  I asked, disbelievingly

 “If you want to piss in the woods be my guest, if you want to wait long enough to use a palace bathroom, then I’ll take you there now.”  

I couldn’t believe it. I was going to actually get out of this place. Maybe it was only a few minutes, but still that was good considering I’ve been trapped in here at least four days.

             I stood up. “I think I can wait for an actual bathroom.” A part of my brain registered it could be a trick, that he could just take me outside and kill me. But then I realised, if he wanted to, he would have done it by now. He also stood up, and walked toward me.