Alex Isn't PG-13, Fashion Lady, and Don't Mess With Magnus's Books

tomato_potato88 asks: Hi again,,,, I just got a question.... lol To all= Would you rather always wear your least favorite color or have your name be changed to the thing you most hate? And depending on your answer, what will you always be wearing or what will your name be?

Magnus: Interesting question, I guess. Should I go first?

TJ: Go ahead, Mallory and Halfborn are coming late anyway.

Magnus: /snorts/ I wonder why.

Alex: I bet ten bucks that they'll come in with oversized shirts, messy hair, and some unusual markings.

Magnus: /rolls eyes/ Keep it PG-13, Alex.

Alex: Since when have I ever kept it PG-13?

TJ: /clears throat and laughs/ Alright, guys, that's enough. Back to the question?

Magnus: Back to the question. Well, my least favorite color is blue—

Alex: /looks bewildered/ What? How can one hate blue? I thought you liked Troye Sivan! His album is literally named 'Blue Neighborhood'. /looks at Magnus mock-suspiciously/ Fess up, Magnus Chase.

TJ: I second that. Did you really hate my jacket all this time? /shakes head in fake disapproval/

Magnus: /stares at both of them, and then continues in a monotone voice/ I suddenly feel very attacked by all of sudden.

/door bursts open, and Mallory and Halfborn stride out/

Halfborn: Who's feeling attacked? I can attack people.

Mallory: Sorry we're late, we were busy.

Alex: /holds hands up/ They have rumpled clothes, that has to count for something! I say that I should earn my rightful ten bucks, at least.

Halfborn: What?

TJ: /rolls eyes and smirks/ Don't worry about Alex, she was making a bet about—y'know what? Never mind.

Mallory: Is TJ actually smirking and looking suspicious? I'd never thought the day would come. Who are you, and what have you done with the real, cheery, innocent TJ?

Halfborn: ...I'm not going to ask. The question, Magnus?

Magnus: /in the midst of all the talking, he had started reading his book/ Huh? Oh. The question, right. Okay, so you guys read it, while I answer it. /shoves laptop in Halfborn and Mallory's direction/

Magnus: As I was saying, before I was interrupted by specific people. /(attempts to) glare at TJ and Alex/ I would either have to be stuck wearing blue all my life, or being named Wolf.

Magnus: /shudders slightly/ I would honestly throw up if either actually happened, but I would rather wear blue. Like, a really, really dark shade of blue—so dark that it looks like black.

Alex: That's kind of cheating, but okay. Uh, so mine would be: wearing only orange or or being named Loki. Tough choice.

Magnus: /snorts/ You hate orange? Wait until you meet my cousin and her camp.

Mallory: To be honest, orange is a great shade, if there's darker hues to compliment it.

Halfborn: /laughs/ Shut up, fashion lady.

Mallory: /shoves Halfborn playfully/ Quit it, you big oaf.

Alex: /makes a gagging gesture/ I can't handle this. /clears throat/ My answer would be wearing orange.

Magnus: /nods head/ Okay. TJ?

TJ: /closes eyes as if in deep concentration/ Hm...I think my choices would be: wearing red all the time...or being named Whip.

Halfborn: /eyes harden/ I'm sorry, bud.

TJ: /laughs bitterly/ It's fine. Don't apologize for something that's not your fault.

Alex: /looks at TJ cautiously/ Are you...okay if I ask?

TJ: /smiles lightly/ Yes, Alex, I am. My mother and I used to be slaves. /swallows hesitantly/ We weren't treated the best.

Alex: /looks like she's waiting for more description, then simply nods/ I see.

TJ: /clears throat/ Anyways, I would choose to wear red.

Magnus: /smiles empathetically at TJ, then nods at Mallory/ You Mallory?

Mallory: Okay, I've thought this out. I don't really mind any of the colors, but pink looks terribly drab on me.

Halfborn: /coughs into fist/ I personally think otherwise.

Mallory: /blushes, then tries to ignores Halfborn/ So I would have to wear pink, or I would have to be called Bomb. I would choose wearing pink.

Magnus: I guess everyone, until now, would rather throw their regular apparel out the window than be called something they hate. Reasonable. Okay...finally, Halfborn, your turn.

Halfborn: Wearing clothes or being called Spider. I would choose to wear clothes, unfortunately.

Alex: /looks up from doodling in Magnus's book/ Wait. 'Wearing clothes'? 'Spider'? What in the Nine Worlds, Halfborn?

Halfborn: /shrugs and smirks/ Well, I hate wearing a shirt, and I hate spiders.

Alex: /snorts/ I bet Mallory hates seeing you in clothes t—

Magnus: /clamps Alex's mouth shut, as Mallory scowls and reaches for her knives/ Remember the rules, guys; no killing anyone in Magnus's room. Got it?

Mallory: /rolls her eyes, and sighs/ I guess we're done with the questions, yeah? I'll be leaving now. /stares at Alex, whom is having a difficult time hiding her laughter/ Not a word from you.

Alex: Whatever. /continues to casually draw in Magnus's book/

Magnus: So, yeah, that's it. Thanks for as—wait. /voice is dangerously serious/ Alex? What are you doing with my book?

Alex: /smiles nervously and hides book behind back/ Uh, nothing?

TJ: /eyes Alex/ Alex, I think Magnus is about to avenge his precious book.

Alex: /eyes haven't left Magnus's stormy, furious grey ones/ Should I make a run for it?

TJ: Run as fast as those feet of yours can take you.

Magnus: /growls, as he runs after her/ Alex!

woah?? two chappies in a week?? blasphemy—anywhooo, I have this kinda v angsty headcanon that goes along with this chapter, so don't leave yet! 

okay, so imagine TJ being really sensitive to the subject of whips, and one time in Valhalla ((when TJ is kinda new)), someone carries a whip a shame their weapon—and they attack TJ. He kinda just curls up into a ball and has a panic attack while Halfborn and Mallory try to help him up. After this, TJ hates seeing his friends worried and tries to be all cheerful and stuff about it and holy shit I'm soRRY FOR THIS