"I Love You, Sammy," (A Sam and Loki bonding one-shot.)

Loki's voice slapped her like a blade against exposed skin. His eyes gleamed a deadly scarlet, no longer hidden behind his playful demeanor.

"Samirah. If you dare to bring up your mother into this conversation one m—"

"What? You'll kill me? Murdering your own daughter doesn't add to your reputation, does it father?" She uses the word as an insult. She is in no way associated with this beast, except by the dreaded blood that they share.

Sam notices the slow rise of his chest, and the deep breath he takes in. Loki closes his eyes, as if he was cooling them down. When he opened them again, his eyes were back to the same clever sheen he always used. Mischievous, playful, a seemingly love able father. Samirah's stance wobbled, deciding whether to break down in tears and run to her daddy for forgiveness—or to let her blood boil even more.

She clenched her fists instead, her fingernails digging into her palms, which she knew would leave small crescent marks later on.

"Sammy," Loki sighed as he closed his eyes once more. Sam felt a wave of nostalgia as she heard her old nickname. "You make me sound like the villain here. I am a rebel, but not a villain. I am murderer, I have blood on my hands,"

"You think?" Sam snorted.

Loki continued, as if he didn't hear her. (Which annoyed Sam even more.)

"There are many things I am, many bad things. Most of which I don't regret. But, I am no villain to my daughter. You are my daughter, and nothing will ever change that, even if I willed it to be."

Sam stayed still, taking in Loki's silver-tongued words. Loki noticed this, and huffed.

"You think I'm lying, eh?" Loki muttered, "Why do you think I let the Chase brat and his friends so long?" Loki lowered his eyes at her, leting his eyes go soft. "It's because I love you, Sam. I loved your giggles whenever I came to visit you. That was when you were a mere toddler, oblivious to the world."

Loki started to laugh, much to Samirah's surprise. It started with a chortle, then turned into a full out laughing fit.

"Oh! The irony of it all. I am an immortal. Here I am, a mighty god, but still I am bound to the dread of being a measly father. A measly father who has to watch his daughter grow up and tear away from him,"

Sam felt her heart beating faster, her face becoming pale. All she wanted to do was throw herself against her dad, and beg for forgiveness. But she wouldn't let herself fall in. She had to keep fighting. No matter the circumstances, this was all fake.

A lie.

"I love you, Sammy,"

Sam gulped and tried to keep her words steady and calm, "I'm sorry father, but I cannot say the same,"

She willed herself to fall back into her usual sleeping patterns, letting her vision fog up and go blurry.

Samirah didn't miss the quick change of her father's expression, from vulnerable to a deadly scowl in a matter of seconds.

Sam took a deep breath, and fell back into her slumber, trying to forget the intruder of her sleep.

I will never be you, father. I will never become what you have. I will not stand in your shadow anymore. I will fight.

Uh, I didn't really get a request for this. But I felt like it so...there you go. Enjoy!