Chapter 9 - Solving mystery

I woke up to sun blaring through window.

"Ouch! Ana close the windows. I need to sleep. I look like zombie. At least I need to look presentable today...", I shouted.

"And to whom you want to look presentable?", Ana asked.

"Stranger....", my eyes wide open with what slipped out of my mouth, "....no one. Everyone wants to look presentable. Now if you excuse me after disturbing me with my sleep, I don't want any investigation early this morning."

"Sorry baby, but I need to wake you up. It's 9-ish and I'm hungry", Ana said.

"So, you would have eaten alone. Is that the only point to woke me up? If it is, then beware", I glared her with anger. Come on, sacrificing sleep just for breakfast. Okay! I love both.

"I still have more brains than you Pri", Ana snorted, " I just wanted to tell you that today's classes are suspended. So no college today."

"W.H.A.T?? Are you serious... I can't believe. Yay! Finally a break from long lectures", I jumped from bed and hugged Ana.

"Yes, I just got message in class group that there won't be any classes happening today. So I thought of a girls day out for both of us. If you want, I can call Camilla too. We three will do so much fun today", Ana said in a breath.

I almost nodded but a ding from my phone restricted me..

An Instagram message, who the hell uses that early morning. Okay, not so early but still... I was amazed to see,

From: Mr. Stranger
I hope you haven't forgotten about our project together :p
As you know classes are suspended so shall we meet at 11?

Shit! I totally forgot about his invite. I need to go there indeed to solve mystery of this stranger.

From: black_is_love
Yeah! I remember
Looking forward to it.
Ps- can you come around 12?

Eww! What have I send. It seems so formal. Gosh!! I mentally face palmed myself. Another ding.

From: Mr. Stranger
Someone woke up late, I guess. 😁
Okay sweetheart.

I smiled looking that text. God knows since how many hours I was staring my phone screen.

"Did it says that you won a lottery of $50 million dollars?", Ana snapped.

"No, why would you say that", I asked closing the app.

"Because after repeatedly calling your name, you didn't seem to listen", she said clearly irritated.

"I'm so sorry Ana. Just got distracted by the text", I admitted.

"By text or by the person who send you this text?", she asked.

"No! Ana. Well I do get distracted by him but that's not the point", I said sheepishly.

"Whatever, good luck with this stranger. So now I need to call Camilla to tell her about this day out. Yay! It will be so fun", Ana joyfully said.

"I'm sorry Ana. But I won't able to go out with you guys", I said lowering my tone and looking down because I don't want to come across the expression Ana's face, "because I promised stranger that we both will complete our discussion of whatever that damn project is all about. I'm so sorry to ruin your plans but I want you and Camilla to go. Don't cancel your plans because of me."

"Oh! So you picked that boy over us. I get that Pri", Ana said.

"It's not what you are thinking. Just understand Ana ", I said.