Chapter 8 - Rendezvous

Here I'm standing in front of my college. I don't know why I'm feeling so scared to enter the building. It's not like I haven't gone there before. But still this strange feeling inside my stomach is ugh! Never mind. Maybe it's because Ana couldn't accompany me to my college today and probably this is the first time when I have came alone to college.

I took a deep breath and went inside. "See, it's easy. I was been worried unnecessarily", I whispered to myself. Quickly I went to my class where lecture was going to happen. Going inside, I sat on my desk keeping my bag on the seat besides me so that no one can occupy Ana's empty place. I took my phone out and was as usual scrolling through my feeds, suddenly someone picked my bag and sat on the seat.

"Excuse me, have you ever learned any manners!", I snapped.
I looked up and saw him grinning towards me.

" I'm so sorry Miss. black-is-love. I was about to ask you now but it seems like you yourself figured it out", he said and plopped besides me.
I was about to protest but teacher came and he flashed his victory smile and I just glared at him and said, "Nice luck this time, Mr. Stranger."

Teacher was blabbering and I was paying least attention to it. Chemistry could be so boring, I never thought. Still the time is there and I think I should change my major subject. But then, except these, I don't even like other subjects so leave. My subconscious eyed me and constantly nagging me to read and concentrate. But how in this world I could study when there's a bunch of curiosity sitting besides me. I really wanna know about this guy. As I was lost in my own thoughts, somebody shook me lightly and my eyes were wide open. Shit, again I wasn't paying attention during lectures. I saw teacher furiously looking at me. She was about to yell at me but the bell rang indicating her class is over. Oh my! I was never so happy. All thanks to the bell. But before going, teacher started some announcements...

".....so I want you to complete your assignments and submit them to me by next Monday. No late submissions. And I want you to give you activity this semester. For that, you need to make pairs and choose any topic related to chemistry used in daily life and prepare a short report. Submit me the names of pairs and their respective topics by day after tomorrow. Please tell me the topics beforehand so I can ensure no two pairs are working on same topics. Whoever comes first will get the topic. Good luck ..", she said.

I was trying to recall whatever she said because Ana will demand a descriptive summary of whatever happened today.

"Don't worry miss, I have written both our names for this project. And topic, I'll decide it today and let you know by tomorrow", he said effortlessly and my mouth fell open. How dare he....

"How dare you? You should have at least asked me whether I wanted to be your partner or not", I practically shouted at him.

He was about to reply but someone announced that the classes ahead are cancelled and we are free now.

"Wow! What a timing. Do you mind we go to coffee shop nearby and discuss about our project there. I don't want to score less marks", he said deliberately shouting so that people surrounding us could hear him.

I knew his plan. He's so smart. I wanted to deny but before I could, I nodded my head going with my heart. Always two sided. We walked out of class and  I called Ana letting her know that I can be late today.

"Hello....yeah, how's you now?.....took tablets.....I kept them on table for you.....yes, I called to informed in going out now......yeah, they suspended classes.....I'll try to come soon....I'll tell you later....sorry.....okay bye."

"Did anything happened to your roommate cum partner, I mean Ana", he said raspy voice ringing my ears.

"Yeah! She's been suffering from fever. Wait! How did you got so much informations", I eyed him suspiciously.