Chapter 2 - Love and stuff

Next day, as usual, I woke up extremely late.

"Shit", I cursed under my breath while wearing the purple tank top and black jagging. I was so late that I hardly spend seconds on choosing the dress and wearing it. I raced down the steps and frantically searched for my shoes in cabinet.

"Darling, why in such a speed? Just sleep for 10 more minutes. You aren't late", my mom taunted me.

"Sorry mum! I will talk to you later else I would miss my bus and then I will have to run a marathon to reach school before it gets over", I said.

"Okay, just have a bread or milk. I won't allow you going out without eating something."
"Mum....I'm so late. Okay give me a bread", I saw no point in arguing with mum else that would make me more late.

I snatched the bread and ran as fast as I could. My bus was about to go but thank god I reached exactly on time.

"Watch the time girl. Next time bus won't wait for so long",the bus driver said to me for which I just nodded my head.

I went at last and sat at my seat. What I noticed was strange. Everyone wearing red or white and maximum have a rose in their hand.

"Hey Keels!!", I shouted as my best friend boarded the bus. We live nearby so goes by the same bus. Even she was wearing a cute red and white striped dress. "What's the occasion, Keels??", I asked her before I offered her the seat.

"Wait... Lemme guess! You were again late this morning. Right?", she narrowed her brows at me and I blushed.

"Yeah, but that wasn't what I asked you. Why are all in red and white?"
"Gosh Pri! Are you drunk or what. How could you forget today is  valentine day. Like you were the one who was super excited for this and now you came in your causals", she made a face at me.

"Oh f*ck!! Slap me Keels...how stupid of me that I forget this day", I mentally cursed myself and wanted to punch myself. Just because of sleeping some extra minutes, I'm possibly on verge of losing another year single.

"Leave me Keels. I'm born crazy. You tell me. What are your special plans with Ashton?", I smirked at her and she sank down in her seat.
"Shhhhh! Would you like to make it a breaking news of our school", Keeley whispered. "Yes! He called me near basketball court at 11ish. Wow, I'm so excited...what could he wanted to say."

"Yeah.. Romantic people makes me sick", I said under my breath but as Keeley enquired, I said, "so happy for you and equally sad for me."
"Don't you worry, I'm sure you will get a proposal definitely", Keeley winked.

But as I could oppose, our bus came into halt and we reached school.
As Keeley's subjects were different from mine, she went away in another block leaving me to enter my BIOLOGY class. Today there will be only two classes and home room and rest of day will be the valentines party.

"Huh! Easy. I could do this. Just go and sit without seeing anyone." I muttered and entered class. Thankfully I was on time as teacher didn't reached yet. When I saw my classmates, I fell into giggles. The highFi gang, which comprises of girls who think themselves not more than Kim Kardashian (sorry no offence), were battling their eyelashes like they are having difficulty in opening their eyes.

"Look who has decided to show up, Princy, that too in casuals", their leader, Naomi said.
"Maybe she don't know what valentines is. Probably she never had a boyfriend. Not probably, definitely", Amber said and everybody laughed.

"If you all completed your daily ritual them let me go. I don't have time to waste with you all", I simply said and turned away not waiting for their reaction. Well they used to do this daily, comment on my appearance or my personality since we were together. At first it used to bother me a lot but one day my friend told me to stand up against them and now it hardly matters. Speaking of which I started to scan the whole class but couldn't see him.