Chapter 1 - Moody mornings and purple pens

all right reserved.
Edited by brightcitylights_  ❤️

"Today is the day. I'm finally turning 15." I sighed. Those are the first words that left my mouth after waking up. I was happy beyond limits because this is the day I had been waiting for, all along. Everyone says that you are too small for doing anything, but now as I turned 15 nobody could stop me from doing anything.

As I stepped downstairs from my room, a sharp honk pierced my ears, making me squirm. Suddenly, my little brother came and grabbed me, pulling  me down the hallway. "Muumm, she's here. Are you all ready?" Asked Dexter.

"What the hell Dex! Don't you have any manners?" I snapped at him as he always manages to piss me off, even when I'm in a good mood. (Well, what a little brothers for?)
He simply rolled his eyes at me, bit surprised by my morning grumpiness. "Patience my sissy. You'll love me when it's over." His excitement was scaring me a little...He's never this happy at 8 am on a Saturday morning. Stuck in my daydream, I didn't notice by brother go behind my back and blindfold me. I yelled: this was definitely not a great start to my "perfect day".

I could faintly hear the sounds of Mum, Dad and Susan, my younger sister, whispering in hushed voices, but still not audible enough for me to decipher what they were saying.
After a few minutes, which seemed like hours to me,(I'm not a patient person) they let me open my eyes but what I saw did not improve my mood. A dark room. "You guys must be kidding me, right? Cause you all know that I hate the dark!" I yelled at them because mixed with my mood I was very frustrated. This was supposed to be my happy birthday but my family makes sure that this becomes an irritable.

My mum comes near me and says "Aw my princess! Just have patience and don't be angry. The last  thing I want is my daughter getting angry on her birthday because of me. Just relax. Your going to be so happy."

Her words touched me and I relaxed and put my first step forward. The dark had always been my biggest fear, since I was a child. As soon as I was about to slip, I placed my hand at wall for support and unknowingly a button is pressed and whatever was before my eyes were unexpected.
"Oh my gosh! Can somebody pinch me?", I yelled as I saw a huge poster of One Direction in front of me.
"This is not true, right Susan?" I ran near it and touched it. It felt real this surely means I'm not in dream land. Susan came and said "I hope you liked it! You don't know how I got this, anything for my sissy". She smiled and I hugged her tightly. "It's amazing Susan. I don't have words to thank you."

"Who need words when you can give me a pizza instead", Susan winked.

"Oh! Please, my foodie...don't start it here about your love for pizza and chocolates" I replied. Although Susan is stuck thin, she eats so much crap, it cannot be healthy.

"Get aside Susan, you always come before me. I have more precious thing for Princy than you do" Dexter said smugly.

He grabs a box from behind him and gives it to me.
"An iPad Pro! That rose gold colour, too." I found myself whispering to myself.
"So, Princy...how's my gift? I'm sure you liked it better than Susan's gift" he poked Susan and she just sticked her tongue out.
"It's unbelievable Dex! Thank you so much for this. You knew I was wanting this for so long. I love you so much!" I said and hugged him.
"No need for thanks sissy! This is only to show you are best sister in world" he said. I just smiled and kissed his cheeks.

Then Mum and Dad came and wished me a happy birthday. I hugged them. They came near me and asked how I thought the surprise was.
"This is unbelievable Mum. Thank you so much for everything."
She kissed my temple and said "There's still one more thing for you. Go upstairs and you'll find it somewhere in your bedroom." She went to kitchen leaving me clueless.