~Chapter 21~

Your Pov

It wasn't a big deal, right? You had told yourself that many times. It wasn't a big deal that your long time crush had just ran out of the room when all your dreams were about to come true. It's fine. It's fine.

You had left the dance early, not even bothering to find Lily before you left to come back to the Gryffindor common room. You collapsed onto your four-poster bed and sobbed into your pillow, not giving a care in the world that your makeup would get all over the pillow. You took a deep breath and stood up. You grabbed your pajamas and went to go get changed.

You came out a few minutes later, and you heard the voices of Lily and some other Gryffindor girl who you couldn't remember the name of. You opened the door just a tiny bit, enough to hear their voices somewhat clearly.

"And he....out like that?" The Gryffindor girl asked, and you automatically assumed they were talking about the Marauders running out.

"Yeah, he just up and left! Mid-dance as well!" Lily whisper-yelled.

You closed the door quietly, not wanting Lily or the other girl to know that you were eavesdropping, not to mention, you didn't want to hear anymore about the dance.

You crawled into your bed and fell asleep rather quickly.

~In the middle of the night~

You woke up at about 3 AM because of a loud sound that came from downstairs. You looked around to see if anyone else had woken up. Nope. Just you.

"Well, looks like I'm on my own." You climbed out of bed and grabbed your wand and headed toward the door, but you stopped because you heard voices.

"Padfoot, I feel bad for just ditching Lily. She looked pretty upset when I left."

"Well how do you think Y/N feels? She's head over heels in love with Moony, and he also had to leave her."

"Well I-" You were done listening to their conversation. You put your wand down and fell back asleep.

~In the morning~

You woke up to Lily shaking you.

"Y/N."

"No." You replied, turning to the other side of the bed.

"It's Hogsmeade day though!" Lily exclaimed.

"Go with somebody else." You said.

"James is busy and Marlene is going with somebody already."

"Go by yourself." You replied.

"Are you still hung up on Remus?" Lily asked.

"No. Can I just lie here in peace?" You asked.

"No, you are getting up and coming with me, whether you like it or not." Lily answered.

"Fine, give me 15 minutes." You said, getting out of bed. You dug through your clothes and finally found something to wear. A red button-up coat, black jeans, tall brown boots, and a black beanie. And of course, your Gryffindor scarf. You put your hair up into a braid that came over your shoulder. You put on some make-up (Or none if you don't wear any.) and walked out the door down to the common room where Lily was.

"Who are you looking good for? Oh wait, I know, Rem-" Lily started.

"I want nothing to do with that dirty, little s-" This time, Lily cut you off.

"Alright, alright. Let's just get going." She said.

Both of you went downstairs towards the train and got into a compartment. You look out into the hallway, unfortunately making eye contact with James. You quickly close the door and use a locking charm on it. You look at Lily, who looks confused as to why you just did that, but her question was soon answered.