~Chapter 3~

Your Pov

You, Remus, and the Gryffindor first years walked down the cold corridor. You didn't talk much, and neither did Remus. The only thing you heard was the first years chatting away and the occasional clap of thunder.

"So uh, Y/N, how was your summer?" Remus eventually asks you.

"Oh um, pretty boring if you ask me. Being a muggle-born and all, there's not much to do. How about you?" You asked.

"Same thing. Nothing really happened." He responded. You walk in silence and before you knew it, the portrait of the Fat Lady was right in front of you.

"Balderdash," Remus says and the portrait swings open. As you walk in, the noise seemed to get louder since the common room was smaller. "Boys on the left, girls on the right." Remus manages to shout over the noise. You pull out a book from the bookcase nearby and make yourself comfortable. 

You hear a voice that belongs to the one and only, James Potter. "Here comes your gang, Remus." You say, smirking, but not looking away from your book.

Remus Pov

I had gone up to my dorm a few minutes after James and they had come up to the common room. I laid in bed for what seemed like only a few minutes, just pondering life. I looked at my clock and saw the time: 3:11 AM.  

Had it really been that long? It had been 11 PM when I came up here, it seemed like only a few minutes had passed. Turns out, it had been four hours. I wasn't really tired at all so I went downstairs. I stepped off the last step and saw Y/N sitting on the couch, just drinking hot chocolate, lost in deep thought.

"Couldn't sleep?" I asked, sitting down next to her. She nodded and said, "Yeah, and all this thunder and stuff really isn't helping." 

I saw that she was playing with the charm bracelet I gave her earlier. 

A few minutes later, she stood up. "I'm going to try and get some sleep," Y/N said. "You should do the same."

"Yeah, I'll turn in as well," I replied.

"Remus?"
"Yeah?" I turn my head to look back at her.
"Thank you." She says, playing with the charm bracelet.
"My pleasure," I reply.

"Okay, well uh, goodnight," Y/N replies, heading up towards the girls' dormitory.